Starter Problems and Rallye Bumper - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Starter Problems and Rallye Bumper

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
I understand that when the factory builds a Rallye version that it is taken off the assembly line and sent to a local (Belvidere) vendor to put the pieces on. I'm wondering if there is a way to find out who that is and maybe contact them? What do they do if they have a damaged part?

since the Rallye model has been out for a while ('07 AND '08), "IF" the parts are not still listed in the EPC (such as the emblem i mentioned), i'm SURE a phone call to Mopar is all it would take to get the part they need. if 'nettolt' feels his dealer is giving him the run-a-round or just doesn't understand, then i'll be glad to get the part number for the lower fascia. not a big deal.....i have to do it 2-3 times a week. but give Mopar credit, their EPC's are getting much better to read and make more sense.

Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
since the Rallye model has been out for a while ('07 AND '08), "IF" the parts are not still listed in the EPC (such as the emblem i mentioned), i'm SURE a phone call to Mopar is all it would take to get the part they need. if 'nettolt' feels his dealer is giving him the run-a-round or just doesn't understand, then i'll be glad to get the part number for the lower fascia. not a big deal.....i have to do it 2-3 times a week. but give Mopar credit, their EPC's are getting much better to read and make more sense.
I always give MOPAR the benefit of the doubt. They're probably just now getting everything translated from German to English.

No offense meant for our German speaking friends!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #18
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55

If you could do that would be great.
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #19
Matthew1785

i too have fallen to the front bumper crack, i accidently bumped into someone and put a hairline crack in the bumper right below the driver side hella fog lamp, "not the normal fog lamps" i have a rallye edition too, i contacted my body shop, they stated they could do the job for 450.00, they stated they would sand down the bumper "plastic weld" the crack, reprime and repaint the whole bumper.

im going to wait till the summer to get it completed
Matthew1785 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #20
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785 View Post
i too have fallen to the front bumper crack, i accidently bumped into someone and put a hairline crack in the bumper right below the driver side hella fog lamp, "not the normal fog lamps" i have a rallye edition too, i contacted my body shop, they stated they could do the job for 450.00, they stated they would sand down the bumper "plastic weld" the crack, reprime and repaint the whole bumper.

im going to wait till the summer to get it completed
After getting a price on the overlay from the mopar guy...depending on the costs I am just going to take it off myself as it is probably 30 mins of work and bring it to the body shop as is with the estimates that show the R/I, subtract that and have it fixed for peanuts.

Going to try and schedule a doctor apt for the starter with my service contract in hand that states that I get a rental....as the dealer ignores me every time I bring up that word.
Unread 02-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #21
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Removed Front Overlay

Well today I removed the front overlay myself, took 30 minutes including the time to locate the tools. Went to one body shop and they subtracted 50 bucks....from there 6 hours of labor to R/I the bumper. So I went to the dealer body shop they guy says around $150, let me know. So as soon as I find out a price for a new one I will decide. Here are some pictures.
s1050011.jpg   s1050009.jpg   s1050008.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #22
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt View Post
So as soon as I find out a price for a new one I will decide. Here are some pictures.
sorry, looks like it will be another day before i hear back from "Mother Mopar".

i put in a call to the Specifying Department today, but the idiot i had to deal with had no clue what i was talking about and said a 'Senior Specifier' would have to call me back.

i'm still waiting......

oh, btw...that number on the tag in your pic (82210288) is the part number for the entire 'Ground Effects Kit', which has a list price of $1,050.00.
Unread 02-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #23
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
oh, btw...that number on the tag in your pic (82210288) is the part number for the entire 'Ground Effects Kit', which has a list price of $1,050.00.
I found that online for $1,052.86 prepainted..not to bad but considering I only need the front....it is. Right now my car looks so naked.
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #24
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Unfortunately, I believe that is all one molded piece from below the bumper to the top of the grill and is simply called the front fascia. That's why it's so spendy.
you are 100% correct, on the stock patriot its all one piece. I know because I now have the old one sitting in the shed after getting ours replaced.

you wouldnt believe how light it is.. weighs like 10 lbs, if that
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #25
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
They're probably just now getting everything translated from German to English.

No offense meant for our German speaking friends!
i get so tired of dealing with that problem.
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #26
snood
2007 MK Compass 

So I tried calling STAR today and nothing, the Belvidere plant and nothing, and even a dealer in Belvidere and nothing there.... and Chrysler wonders why there sales are slimming and they are losing sales to companies like Toyota.
Unread 02-12-2008, 03:52 AM   #27
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt View Post
So I tried calling STAR today and nothing, the Belvidere plant and nothing, and even a dealer in Belvidere and nothing there.... and Chrysler wonders why there sales are slimming and they are losing sales to companies like Toyota.

.......AND i have yet to hear back from 'mother mopar' on MY call in to the Specifying Dept. of course, the last time i did that was for the Rallye emblem and it took them weeks to get back to me on THAT too.

meanwhile, still holding my breath......
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #28
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
.......AND i have yet to hear back from 'mother mopar' on MY call in to the Specifying Dept. of course, the last time i did that was for the Rallye emblem and it took them weeks to get back to me on THAT too.

meanwhile, still holding my breath......
Any word back from mopar....

Can you look up part numbers 68034786aa and 05110334aa could these possibly be it?

Last edited by snood; 02-21-2008 at 10:16 AM..
snood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #29
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Update

Here is an update of my progress. I finally got a new overlay yesterday and had it put on today. A replacement bumper is around 800 plus painting so I ended up buying the entire body kit for 1000 which includes the rear and sides (under the door) pieces. If anyone is interested in these let me know. The replacement did not include holes in it for the driving lamps which needed to be drilled. But other than that is looks sharp again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.