Starter Problems and Rallye Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Starter Problems and Rallye Bumper

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Starter Problems and Rallye Bumper

Has anyone else been having problems when starting there MK? Sometimes it will turn over over 6+ times before it decides to start....when my wrangler did this it was the brushed.
Also an hour ago I went to leave and my car would not start at all...it behaved like I was not pushing on the clutch, which I was.

PS. Gramps..Do you have a Rallye kit breakdown diagram?

Unread 02-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You've had yours for quite a while so I don't think that this TSB is the problem but it's certainly good to check it out and eliminate it.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...r_0801606a.pdf

The SM that I have doesn't show the Rally Kit, it became optional after the SM was released. However, the instructions for the standard items should work. Anything in particular?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
You've had yours for quite a while so I don't think that this TSB is the problem but it's certainly good to check it out and eliminate it.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...r_0801606a.pdf

The SM that I have doesn't show the Rally Kit, it became optional after the SM was released. However, the instructions for the standard items should work. Anything in particular?

Someone bumped into me the other day and put a little crack in the front overlay of the bumper, the part that includes the honeycomb grills at the bottom. The dealer quoted me 1100 to replace 360 to fix with epoxy. I however have found the entire kit online for the rallye for around that price, includes the front, rear, and side body kit pieces. I am trying to see how to remove the front overlay as it looks like it is just 6 screws...So long story short I want to find just the front piece from the rallye kit. I called mopar direct connect and the guy said to have the dealer call STAR. I told the dealer that he goes all I have is in the computer and printed the diagram off for me. He wont listen to me that the part I need is impossible to be 1100 and the diagram he has is not for the rallye. I also went to another body shop and tried to explain to them they wont be able to find this part in their system...He does its updated every week it will be in there....long story short he give me an estimate of 660 to repair the crack. He based it off the front end of the non rallye which requires to remove the entire front end. I can't stand that no one understands the difference
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

See if this is what you're looking for:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...80&postcount=9

Unread 02-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
snood
2007 MK Compass 

I attached a picture and the part I am talking about is in the blue box. I believe that the part on the rallye is different from a regular compass...not 100% but close. I know atleast with mine that it can be removed without removing the entire from end (number 4 in the post you sent me) I am looking for the model number of just that little piece
untitled.jpg  
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Unfortunately, I believe that is all one molded piece from below the bumper to the top of the grill and is simply called the front fascia. That's why it's so spendy.

Unread 02-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

For some reason, I have noticed that even with my Caliber, my 10 year old Wrangler (build date of February '98! Happy 10th b-day Jeep!) starts quicker than this thing. Maybe I'm missing something and its priming the motor or something...
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #8
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Unfortunately, I believe that is all one molded piece from below the bumper to the top of the grill and is simply called the front fascia. That's why it's so spendy.
Ill try and get a better picture so you can see what I see in the next couple days..
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I'm stopping in at the dealer tomorrow. I'll see what I can find out there too. Maybe the Rallye is a 2 piece set up. I blew up your pic but I just couldn't tell.

Here's the stock assembly.
ft-fascia.jpg  

Unread 02-02-2008, 05:57 AM   #10
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I know you guys are talking about the compass rallye but monday Im taking our patriot into the dealer to replace the front bumper cover/fascia after some klutz backed into it.. when the insurance guy came to look at it the price for they gave me in the estimate was $432 for the front bumper cover + $130 to paint it.

labor was $450. the total to replace the front fascia/bumper cover came to $1025.

figured I toss the numbers in for comparison.

also, no issues starting the patriot, it usually starts after the engine turns over once ot twice.
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #11
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Here is a link to the body kit that is prepainted.

http://www.partsformyjeep.com/PD-822...aspx?MakeID=20 for less than the price of the front bumper I was quoted on....see the reason for my concern.
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Here is a picture of the bottom piece that leads me to believe is a two peice setup

Unread 02-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt
Here is a link to the body kit that is prepainted.

http://www.partsformyjeep.com/PD-822...aspx?MakeID=20 for less than the price of the front bumper I was quoted on....see the reason for my concern.
I can understand your dilemma and that's not like the stock one at all. Maybe Jeepster55 can take a look in the Parts books and find a separate listing for the Fascia and a price. It's snowing again and I'm not going to make it in to the dealer today. I hate to put Jeepster55 on the spot like that but I really do appreciate his help. Maybe I can get just that piece to add on to mine. Take some pics when you do get it off so that we can see how it's attached!

Unread 02-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #14
Jeepster55

just a thought.....working in a Jeep parts dept as i do, this 'may' be the situation. when a new model is introduced, such as the Rallye model, the 'kit' you mentioned is ONLY available as that....a KIT. if you need one piece of it to replace should it become damaged, you have to buy the entire KIT. i run into this all the time with truck running boards and other Mopar Accessorys. initially, they simply do not supply individual parts for each and every 'kit'. maybe, just maybe, you have to purchase the entire kit to get the lower front fascia.

just a few weeks ago, a body shop i deal with had called for the 'Rallye' name on the door of a Compass. no where in the EPC was it listed. i had to call Mopar and after several days, they called me back with a part number so that i could order it. they told me that this was part of the "Rallye Kit". your dealer may have to make that phone call to Mopar if there is no listing for the part you need.

if this hasn't been resolved, POSITIVELY, by Monday....i'll check when i'm at work and see what the EPC says. if no listing, i'll call Mopar to see what the availability is, OK?
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #15
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I understand that when the factory builds a Rallye version that it is taken off the assembly line and sent to a local (Belvidere) vendor to put the pieces on. I'm wondering if there is a way to find out who that is and maybe contact them? What do they do if they have a damaged part?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.