Spring Lifts from Aussie mods supplier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Spring Lifts from Aussie mods supplier

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
zbee

Spring Lifts from Aussie mods supplier

been asked to post some stuff here for all to see

and lift springs

for more info email
stuart@murchisonproducts.com.au
as you can see makes a pat look meaner

zbee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I have been in contact with Stu and this is what I have so far with one more picture to add to the file.

Quote:
Hi Stu,
The only other lift available is the spacer kit from RRO so I'm trying to make some kind of comparison. It may be apples to oranges but some things come to mind.
The RRO kit comes with an extension link for the sway bar, adjustable bolts for the lower control arms and new adjustable rear control arms. Did you find that these are not necessary with your coils?
What kind of life expectancy do your coils have?
Also do you have any more pictures or an instruction sheets that I could post with my little write up?
----------------------
Morning Bob,
In regards to the coils, they are produced here in Australia using the highest grade of Spring Steel available – X5K. The coils provide an approx 2” lift all round a level the Patriot nicely. I’ve had them in quite a few cars here in Brisbane & sent a few sets to a lucky few over there in the Sates. The feedback is 100% positive, only gripe is Price but hey what’s new!!

The coils are all Powder coated Yellow but can be black upon a customers request. 1 full set to do a Patriot come in around the $750-800 mark Australia Dollars. Coils are always on the shelf. The fronts are designed completely different to the stock units – all in an effort to produce a smooth consistent ride that soaks up the bumps.
It basically boils down to the fact that spacers are a cheap way of gaining lift and lift only. They often ride terribly as the factory geometry is not only out, but the coils are still the same soft spongy rate as before and it doesn’t help having too soft a coil when you’re raising the center of gravity. You don’t actually need any other parts – a vehicle’s coil should be the only way you should gain height in a vehicle.
There aren’t any instructions with my kit as yet but honestly you shouldn’t need it! I know everyone loves to “have a go” installing them but honestly it should be left up to a professional.
Cheers
Best Regards and feel free to send me questions!

Stu.

Murchison Products Pty Ltd

“Custom Comfortable and Capable”

stuart@murchisonproducts.com.au

Ph: 0413 860 777

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

Here are some pictures of these springs on my 2008 FDI patriot, and also some side by side shots of the CRDSTU springs vs OEM.

Front

Rear

Before

After

View from the rear

View from the front
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
deepnite10

thanks Gramps..the reply was a excellent read..

only other question would be what is the cost
in US $$$?
deepnite10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

700 dollars aud (aus dollars ) is 641.44 cents at todays closing exchange rates

800 AUD - comes out to 733.07 he said between 700-800 aud so there your answer some where between 641-733 dollars US
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here's my favorite link for converting any and everything. The curency is up to date too.

Online Conversion - Convert just about anything to anything else

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #7
zbee

Stu is currently investigating a us distributor which will dramatically lower freight costs for you guys, he is also in the process of setting up a website as well
http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/
we are going to be doing the swap out of my RRO kit to his springs next Wednesday our time, this will be the perfect opportunity to do a direct comparison as well
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Has he used them on the compass yet?

I would love to see some pics of a compass with the springs.
Unread 04-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
zbee

theres not alot of compasses in australia, so dont think so but having said that its the same as the pat underneath so no issues in stalling them as i know that people have used the RRO kit on them
Unread 05-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbee View Post
theres not alot of compasses in australia, so dont think so but having said that its the same as the pat underneath so no issues in stalling them as i know that people have used the RRO kit on them
I have to wait and see when someone state side gets them and puts them on a compass it not about compatibility as I know the same stuff under neathe I am just hoping for a side profile shot to see how the body look with the extra height to it.
Unread 05-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
deepnite10

there are a half dozen companies offering coils and full setup for the likes
of Cherokee s and Wranglers..if just a couple would step up with springs
we d have better pricing..

competition can be a pain in the butt for manufactures..but, is good for the consumer..

when the OEM coil s from the dealer are cheaper than aftermarket..then something really is wrong..
deepnite10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
coil springs , compass , lift , patriot , springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.