Sport utility bars vs. crossrails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Sport utility bars vs. crossrails

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Sport utility bars vs. crossrails

Does anybody know the difference between these two items? Are crossrails only production and the utility bars aftermarket? My Patriot came with only the side rails and I was hoping to add the production crossrails but maybe it's not possible?
Thanks

Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Jeepster55

working in a Mopar Parts dept, i have checked on this for my Compass. it appears only the Accessory Bars are available, as there are no 'factory' crossbars listed in the parts catalog, only the side rails you mentioned.

my personal opinion is that i don't care for the bars that are available. look to much like an 'add-on' rather than factory. i would prefer something more like those on the mini-vans......as long as they are still functional.
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

More info over here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351129 see post #20 for Patriot information. The 82208614AB Sport Utility Bars are also listed on MOPAR sites to fit the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum. I do think that most will want the cross rails 82210804 like those shown on the Libby.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
goose1

On my wife's 08 Patriot, she has the standard crossbars. These are the ones that come with the Cargo/Convenience pkg. These closely resemble crossrails on just about every 'straight-from-the-factory-vehicle'. The sport utility bars look more like Thule or Yakima.

Here is the MOPAR link:
http://www.mopar-accessories.com/jee...MK74_3076.html

2008 Jeep Patriot Sporkt (MK) 26E
2.4L, CVVTII, 2WD, Black Exterior, Dark Gray Interior
goose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Good info

Thanks for the info everyone. I think i'll try and go for the factory look ones as opposed to the accessory sport utility bars.
Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
Jeepster55

lucky you.....since you have the Patriot, you have a choice. on the Compass, we owners only have the option of the 'sport bars' and that's IT! but hey, it still gives me that Jeep 'look' and after i get around to putting on my mudguards and 'if' i go with a taller tire, it will AWESOME and be ready to go ANYWHERE!!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.