Split Compass & Patriot Forums - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Split Compass & Patriot Forums

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

View Poll Results: Split Forum
Yes each model should have it's own forum. 27 44.26%
No leave the two models together. 34 55.74%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
Keith
Admin

Split Compass & Patriot Forums

Do you feel the Compass and Patriot should each have their own forum?

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I'll state my position as I did when I asked that they be combined. They are both mechanically and electrically the same except for the TR package on the Patriot. Separating them would only cause duplicate posting on the same subjects that others would have to search through for information. Since changing out sheet metal and glass will be the least common topics I don't see the need to separate them.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
I'll state my position as I did when I asked that they be combined. They are both mechanically and electrically the same except for the TR package on the Patriot. Separating them would only cause duplicate posting on the same subjects that others would have to search through for information. Since changing out sheet metal and glass will be the least common topics I don't see the need to separate them.
Agreed, AND there's actually so little posting done between the two that splitting it would create two almost dead forums.
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

agree with the above.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
ab348

If the Compass gets discontinued as expected then it may not matter much.
ab348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
i2canoe
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab348
If the Compass gets discontinued as expected then it may not matter much.
WOW
Talk about an enthusiastic thought.
Let's try to be more encouraging and hope the day does not come for a long time.

As these are essentially the same vehicles, it makes sense to have the combined comments on this site.
FYI there is already a Compass dedicated site . . . www.myjeepcompass.com
i2canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

There is also a dedicated Patriot site that has a token section for the Compass to be flamed as desired, just like what used to happen here in the early days. i2canoe, you know what I'm talking about, I've seen you on there and the Mods don't do anything about it. There will always be Compass haters but I do notice in the comments that none of those voting to split up the MK section have offered a reason "WHY". If they understood them instead of just voting as they do because of their looks, that would be different. It wouldn't take much for those members to join together and split it up when that's not what the users of this forum really want. Then again, I don't see that many votes at all, is there that little support for the MK's that most just don't care? How about all of you owners showing some support or do you want everything to be run by what the other Jeep owners decide what is best for us.

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
There is also a dedicated Patriot site that has a token section for the Compass to be flamed as desired, just like what used to happen here in the early days. i2canoe, you know what I'm talking about, I've seen you on there and the Mods don't do anything about it. There will always be Compass haters but I do notice in the comments that none of those voting to split up the MK section have offered a reason "WHY". If they understood them instead of just voting as they do because of their looks, that would be different. It wouldn't take much for those members to join together and split it up when that's not what the users of this forum really want. Then again, I don't see that many votes at all, is there that little support for the MK's that most just don't care? How about all of you owners showing some support or do you want everything to be run by what the other Jeep owners decide what is best for us.
Agreed, but I'm just here, I'm not even an owner. If it makes you all feel any better, many feel worse about the Cali than the Compass. Keep yer head up!
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The last half of my sig is It's easier to stay than to turn around and run.

Unread 11-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
Tormac

Considering that they are practically identical vehicles, what would be the advantage of splitting the sections?
Tormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:22 AM   #11
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

Don't split the sites. Since they are so similar, issues with one can be useful to the other.
jjdejesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #12
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

keep em together. what applies to one usually applies to the other.
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
Jeepster55

'togetherness' is GOOD!!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #14
eighteenwheeler

Splitting them

I wouldnt mind seeing them split because the patriot owners talk so much about offroad capability, and that doesnt apply to compass owners...

It doesnt bother me too much though, so I'm not going to place my vote.

I wonder about the comment about "discontinuing the compass". With the offroadization of the liberty, and the alienation of the huge female audience of the liberty (which I feel may have been one of jeeps greatest mistakes), I think jeep is hedging it's bets that the femals liberty fans will move towards the compass. Drop the compass, and you'll have those fans moving away from the jeep all together!!!

Maybe it's because I live in the snow capital of the world, but compasses are selling like hot cakes- there are three of them within 5 houses of mine! Handles like none other in snow, perfect for anyone in Syracuse that doesnt want a truck or SUV.
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 6 cyl auto
eighteenwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #15
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I say keep 'em together-it doesn't bother me a bit
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.