Speed / Cruise Control Installation - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Speed / Cruise Control Installation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #121
jakester92
2009 MK Compass 

Thanks Gramps for your speedy reply.

Called the dealer I bought it from today and they said that it was the right kit, but the separate part numbers didn't come up in their lookup. Only thing for speed control was the current kit 82210489AC and that this kit 82210489 would still work with my 2009 Compass Sport. The items weren't listed separately for the cover, wiring harness, and switch. Said you can't buy the items separately.

The wiring harness number I had, he said that may be a manufacturer number and not a Chrysler part number. That number wasn't a good number and couldn't be found in the parts system. So maybe he's correct in that it's a manufacturer number.

Guess I will find out tomorrow when I put it in...

jakester92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #122
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

GOOD LUCK! I hope it goes well for you.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #123
jakester92
2009 MK Compass 

Installed it today and it works great.

The part I had questioned was actually similar in number to the one already inside. So that number must have been a manufacturer number.

Two hours of my time & a $85 kit off eBay and my long trips will now be easier on the legs. Steering wheel removal took a lot of strength but got it off without breaking my face. Just did it in short bursts and it popped off at the end.

Many thanks to all that posted before. Was extremely helpful. I took tons of pictures just in case I had issues, but between this forum & the instructions I didn't need to refer back. If anyone needs them I will save them for any future need.

Thanks again!
jakester92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #124
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thx for confirming your install went well.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #125
Tbtracker
2007 MK Patriot 

I bought the individual parts that were listed in the previous posts for my 2007 Patriot, and the install went great, BUT I missed the fact that the patriot does not have the three connector cable from the back of the clock spring to the brain box.

Does anyone have an OEM part number for this cable, an idea where i can get one, and/or the end clips I would need to just make my own cable?
Tbtracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
clock spring , clockspring , compass , cruise control , patriot , speed control , steering wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.