Speed / Cruise Control Installation - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Speed / Cruise Control Installation

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #91
cdparikh

Hey..I did installed cruise control on my 09 compass. I think i had old part numbers so they sent correct parts after confirming. One thing i am not sure is that the wire harness had an extra cable that i dont know where to plug. There was one that went to cruise control another to the horn and third one i left it alone. Also my electronic stability control and ABS lights stays on after installing cruise. May be it requires reboot. Any thoughts ?

cdparikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #92
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdparikh View Post
Hey..I did installed cruise control on my 09 compass. I think i had old part numbers so they sent correct parts after confirming. One thing i am not sure is that the wire harness had an extra cable that i dont know where to plug. There was one that went to cruise control another to the horn and third one i left it alone. Also my electronic stability control and ABS lights stays on after installing cruise. May be it requires reboot. Any thoughts ?
Im not too sure how the 09 is, but on my 08, the new wiring harness contained 2 plugs, one for the cruise control, the other for radio controls (which I dont have). So i just left the spare plug alone, plugged everything else in and it worked flawlessly. Try resetting the ECU (disconnect neg battery cable and wait a few minutes) and see if you still get dummy lights.
Unread 06-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #93
HomerJ
2007 MK Compass 

I have a couple of questions about the install.

Has anyone ordered their parts from Mopar Parts America? The description says the wheel cover has the hole for the switch, but is is really worth $50 for having the hole pre-cut? Or is it just as easy to make the hole yourself in the existing cover?

And I've seen this asked throughout the thread, but never seen a real answer. What type of screws are people using to mount the switch? Are they machine screws, or more like a wood screw? Any indication for length or diameter? I'd rather know what to have before I get it all apart, and can't drive to get new screws because the wheel is off.

Thanks all!
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #94
Dacaur
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
first, let me answer the previous question that i said i would;

Mopar Speed Control Kit....List Price $225.00 Dealer Cost $169.00

NOW, for the really GREAT NEWS!!! (if you haven't already purchased a kit)

the kit consists of 3 parts

switch......................PN 4671929AA which has a List Price of $17.95
wire harness....................PN 68036592AA with a List Price of $65.75
steering wheel cover...PN 1EB85XDVAB (GRAY) or
PN 1EB84DK7AB (Beige)...........................with a List price of $65.95

this is all that is in the kit ( i have verified this with my own 4 eyes)
So yea, this is a really old thread... but hopefully someone can help.... Are these part numbers for the compas or the patriot? I have an 08 patriot 2.4L, are these the right part numbers? if not, does someone have them? Thanks.

99 WJ Laredo
2.5" Budget boost, 265/75/16 tires, K&N air filter
www.dacaur.com/jeep.html

Past Jeeps:
1992 YJ 4.0, 5 speed 6", lift 33's
1992 XJ 4.0, auto, 3" lift, 31's
1999 XJ 4.0, auto, 3" lift, 31's
1985 XJ 2.5, 5 speed, no lift, 255/70/15's
---------------
Dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #95
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Switch----4671929AB
Harness----68000462AB
Plastic----1EB85XDVAB

Unread 07-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #96
Dacaur
2008 MK Patriot 

Awesome thanks.... and has anyone determined if the plastic part is actually required? I'm not opposed to just cutting a hole in my existing part and saving the $65 if that will work.....

99 WJ Laredo
2.5" Budget boost, 265/75/16 tires, K&N air filter
www.dacaur.com/jeep.html

Past Jeeps:
1992 YJ 4.0, 5 speed 6", lift 33's
1992 XJ 4.0, auto, 3" lift, 31's
1999 XJ 4.0, auto, 3" lift, 31's
1985 XJ 2.5, 5 speed, no lift, 255/70/15's
---------------
Dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 05:29 AM   #97
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i wouldn't imagine it is required. the only difference is the hole. If you mess yours up while cutting it, I've got one here at the house you can have. Its from when I did my install, I just bought the one with the hole already in it
Unread 07-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #98
HomerJ
2007 MK Compass 

I just finished doing mine a couple of weeks ago, very easy. I didn't buy the new plastic. Mine had a line where the hole should have been, so I just traced it out with a dremel, it looks fine.

Also for the elusive bolts, for mine, machine screws are what worked best. I believe they were a #10.

Also when taking off the horn switch, it says you need a T-30, I don't know what they were smoking when they put mine together, but it wasn't T-30 screws, they were T-10 or T-15.

Other then that, just remember where the steering wheel aligned with the spline before you take it off. I didn't and ended up being off by one or two teeth, it made straight a little bit to the left. I ended up taking it apart again to fix it up.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I just did it, so its still fairly fresh in my mind.
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #99
Brad454

Hi
New to forum. I have a friend who is disabled (lost a leg) and owns a 2007 Compass. He was asking me about installing a CC unit. I have read thru this post several times and it seems fairly easy. My question is does anyone have the current part numbers to do this installation? The reason I ask is that this post is almost a year old. Also does the steering wheel cover if purchased come with the switch hole cut out or are all the replacements the same as the existing one?
Thanks in advanced
Brad
Brad454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #100
HomerJ
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad454 View Post
Hi
New to forum. I have a friend who is disabled (lost a leg) and owns a 2007 Compass. He was asking me about installing a CC unit. I have read thru this post several times and it seems fairly easy. My question is does anyone have the current part numbers to do this installation? The reason I ask is that this post is almost a year old. Also does the steering wheel cover if purchased come with the switch hole cut out or are all the replacements the same as the existing one?
Thanks in advanced
Brad
I ordered mine last June from moparpartsamerica

I ordered part 4671929AB Cruise Switch $15.36 and 68036592AA Wiring Harness for $58.65 If you use those part numbers, if they have changed, they should come up in the dealers computer with the updated ones.

I used my existing cover, and cut out the hole for the switch with a rotary tool, there is already an indent where the switch should be, so it was pretty easy. I wasn't prepared to spend $100 for the rear cover with the hole already in it, but I am just cheap.
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #101
Brad454

Thanks HomerJ,
Moparpartsamerica has both the old and new part numbers for the switch. The 4671929AA is 8 dollars and change, the 4671929AB is just over 18 bucks. I wonder what the difference is? The wire which I was having trouble locating ( Moparpartsamerica site is a little funky) finally searched out at about 67 dollars.

Another site, Dodge Parts Mopar was a little cheaper, almost the same price as what you paid last June. I may go with them, unless someone has a negative against them.
Thanks again
Brad
Brad454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #102
HomerJ
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad454
Thanks HomerJ,
Moparpartsamerica has both the old and new part numbers for the switch. The 4671929AA is 8 dollars and change, the 4671929AB is just over 18 bucks. I wonder what the difference is? The wire which I was having trouble locating ( Moparpartsamerica site is a little funky) finally searched out at about 67 dollars.

Another site, Dodge Parts Mopar was a little cheaper, almost the same price as what you paid last June. I may go with them, unless someone has a negative against them.
Thanks again
Brad
Yeah, if I remember I ordered the cheaper ones and they called to tell me the new part numbers and higher cost. I only ordered from them because I am in Canada and I needed someone who would ship to our customs broker without issue.
Unread 05-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #103
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just a note of caution. Brad had a problem with the clockspring and the ESP/BAS light came on. More info HERE.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #104
IamMoreAtari

Hello. I want to install the CC to my Compass 08. Where do I begin? Do you have a tutorial with pictures? Thank you very much for your help.
IamMoreAtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #105
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

There is a link to the instruction guide in the very first post.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clock spring , clockspring , compass , cruise control , patriot , speed control , steering wheel

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.