Speed / Cruise Control Installation - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Speed / Cruise Control Installation

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #46
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Adding any factory available accessory correctly will never void the warranty. Aftermarket parts are only slightly more "iffy", they would have to prove that what you added was at fault and since all factory parts are pre-approved they would not be in question. Whether this is a radio, Nav system, receiver, fog lights or any thing else. Merlin tells us the cruise control is a plug and play option. No worries with adding it.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #47
merlinTec

Hi
Just downloaded the fitting instructions for both compass and patriot and in them it only say the diesel need setting up with star scan.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 12-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #48
earlage

Just finished the install on my cruise control! Taking the steering wheel off was weird, but all you have to do is pull REALLY REALLY hard! Using a puller will help but its not necessary. Just thought Id help solve the mystery of why the steering wheel was so tough to get off! Hope this helps!
earlage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #49
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Great! Thanks for the update.

Unread 12-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #50
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlage
Just finished the install on my cruise control! Taking the steering wheel off was weird, but all you have to do is pull REALLY REALLY hard! Using a puller will help but its not necessary. Just thought Id help solve the mystery of why the steering wheel was so tough to get off! Hope this helps!
Cool does it all work ok?
Unread 12-29-2007, 11:25 PM   #51
earlage

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec
Cool does it all work ok?
Sure does! Works great, just like everyone said, its a simple plug and play once the wheel is off. Thanks again for your help!
earlage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #52
blovingier
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
first, let me answer the previous question that i said i would;

Mopar Speed Control Kit....List Price $225.00 Dealer Cost $169.00

NOW, for the really GREAT NEWS!!! (if you haven't already purchased a kit)

the kit consists of 3 parts

switch......................PN 4671929AA which has a List Price of $17.95
wire harness....................PN 68036592AA with a List Price of $65.75
steering wheel cover...PN 1EB85XDVAB (GRAY) or
PN 1EB84DK7AB (Beige)...........................with a List price of $65.95

this is all that is in the kit ( i have verified this with my own 4 eyes)

as you can see, even if you pay LIST PRICE, when you purchase these parts separately, your total is 'only' $149.65, a saving of over $75.00!!!!

note: part of the savings is that with the kit you get BOTH the gray and beige steering wheel covers, but who needs BOTH? just buy those parts and make your own kit.....that's what I'M DOING!!!!!

GO FORTH WITH YOUR INSTALL AND SAVE $$

P.S. also, the PN for the wiring harness is updated and is the same harness as used on the Limited models with Remote Radio Control. with this harness, i 'believe' that the radio controls will work when i install the Leather wheel as i have planned.

Hey thanks, that's a big help. Do I really need the cover, or can I just cut a hole in the one I've got? Just curious. I really appreciate you getting that info for me. I've been meaning to ask the dealer about it (been in there four times this week), but I've been busy tearing into my WJ replacing the head gasket and everything on the way while I'm at it.. I'm still planning on getting you guys a write-up, but I've burnt up that cruise control budget on a valve job and resurfacing my cylinder head.

[B]99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B] - [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Totalled[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-3" lift w/Bilsteins - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -30.5" Pirelli Scorpion ATRs
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494045"]Clear Lenses[/URL] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5229329#post5229329"]Cobra 75 CB w/Wilson 4' Antenna[/URL]
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7008250#post7008250"]Home-Brew Discos[/URL]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734768&highlight=diamond+plate+hitch+cover"]Diamond Plate Hitch Cover[/URL]

[B]07 Compass (wife's ride)[/B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Sold[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-Stock
blovingier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #53
Jeepster55

not sure if you 'have' to have the cover. i'll let you know on Monday. we're having windows installed then, so i'll be staying home and doing an 'install' of my own on the Compass. if you want to save even more money and are pretty good at cutting holes, i don't see why not, but i'll check BOTH of the covers out then.

no problem on the help with the $$....hey, that stuff just doesn't grow on trees......unless you're name is "Gramps". i hear he's LOADED!!!! just look at all his 'toys'!!!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #54
Jeepster55

....and on a related note, my Leather Steering Wheel FINALLY came in from Milwaukee today. only took TWO WEEKS because of the Holidays and Milwaukee PDC is, as always, just plain s l o w (maybe too much beer and cheese? )

not only will i have the Leather Wheel when i'm done, but Cruise AND 'hopefully' remote radio controls too! WOO HOO!!!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #55
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
not sure if you 'have' to have the cover. i'll let you know on Monday. we're having windows installed then, so i'll be staying home and doing an 'install' of my own on the Compass. if you want to save even more money and are pretty good at cutting holes, i don't see why not, but i'll check BOTH of the covers out then.

no problem on the help with the $$....hey, that stuff just doesn't grow on trees......unless you're name is "Gramps". i hear he's LOADED!!!! just look at all his 'toys'!!!!!
The only way that I'm loaded is with Bacardi 151 and margaritas.

Beer and Cheese? Ya, we've got some of that too.

Unread 01-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #56
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
The only way that I'm loaded is with Bacardi 151 and margaritas.

Beer and Cheese? Ya, we've got some of that too.

'Beer, cheese AND Bacardi with Margaritas"? remind me to bring some air freshener should we ever meet......
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #57
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Not all at the same time!

Unread 01-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #58
Jeepster55

Installed My Cc

ok, here's the poop......installed my CC today just using the 3 parts i mentioned before. i did have to 'scrounge' up a couple bolts for the CC switch to mount to the Leather Wheel i purchased.

so, CC works as others reported; plug and play, so to speak. however, the remote radio controls do NOT work. my guess is there are additional wires from the clockspring to the radio. since i was really restricted on time today, i couldn't check out the connectors. someone mentioned an additional plug on the back of the radio, which i thought may have been for Sirius Radio, but maybe not. further research needed.....

oh, BTW, the Leather Wheel looks and feels AWESOME!!!
Unread 03-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #59
scotty1980

speed control

Hi I hace a 2007 Jeep patriot sport 4x4. It does not have cruise control but am thinking about getting it. My question is does anybody know if the wireings already there? The engine is the 2.4l if that helps at all. Please let me know. I really dont want another speeding ticket!!!thanks, scott
scotty1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #60
merlinTec

Hi
This may help http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/speed-cruise-control-installation-452477/
Regards,
Merlin

Tags
clock spring , clockspring , compass , cruise control , patriot , speed control , steering wheel

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.