Speed / Cruise Control Installation - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Speed / Cruise Control Installation

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 12-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #16
blovingier
1999 WJ 

Well, I just bought my wife a compass and it really needs cruise control, so when I get ready to do it, I'll do a full write up for everyone.

[B]99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B] - [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Totalled[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-3" lift w/Bilsteins - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -30.5" Pirelli Scorpion ATRs
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494045"]Clear Lenses[/URL] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5229329#post5229329"]Cobra 75 CB w/Wilson 4' Antenna[/URL]
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7008250#post7008250"]Home-Brew Discos[/URL]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734768&highlight=diamond+plate+hitch+cover"]Diamond Plate Hitch Cover[/URL]

[B]07 Compass (wife's ride)[/B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Sold[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-Stock
blovingier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Mighty nice offer, thanks! We all love the tech "how to's" with pics!

I see that you're close to my old stomping grounds. Trade ya some ice and snow for some heat and sunshine. It's

and to MK section!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #18
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec
Hi
You may need a new steering control module but first I would check the wiring is there for the radio control at plug C2 of the steering control module.
1 X20 20GY/WT RADIO CONTROL MUX
2 Y13 20DG/RD RADIO CONTROL RETURN
3 X3 20DG/VT HORN SWITCH SENSE
4 V72 20OR/VT S/C SIGNAL 2
5 V937 20VT/LG S/C SWITCH GROUND
6 V71 20VT/OR S/C SIGNAL 1
This goes though the module to plug C5 behind the air bag
1 X20 20GY RADIO CONTROL MUX
2 Y13 20BK RADIO CONTROL RETURN
3 X3 20DB HORN SWITCH SENSE
4 V72 20PK S/C SIGNAL 2
5 V71 20VT S/C SIGNAL 1
6 V937 20YL S/C SWITCH GROUND
I am sure it would be just plug and play just like the CC and you don’t have to go onto dealer connect to turn on CC if it doesn’t come on straight away hold the brake on then press and hold the CC on switch.
Regards,
Merlin

hey Merlin....i thought all you 'blokes' in the UK spoke ENGLISH! the above looks more like dinner recipe for Data from "Start Trek: The Next Generation"or something.......are you of this world or are you from the same galaxy as "Gramps".....
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #19
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Two countries divided by a common language or too "Hi-Tech" for mere Earthlings? It's from the wiring diagram charts in the Service Manual. This should help.

Cheers Merlin!
c2_27a.jpg   c2.jpg   c5_33a.jpg   c5.jpg  

Unread 12-24-2007, 06:52 AM   #20
Jeepster55

(RE: Gramps)....."where does he get all those wonderful toys?"

thanks for the pics....i was just kidding. while i have to admit i didn't know what went where until you posted the diagrams, i did understand what he was saying. it just makes more sense to us 'mere earthlings' now that "Gramps" (is that your given 'earth name'?) has translated.....

maybe if 'blovingier' gets in there first with his wifes Compass, he let us know if the wiring is there or not...HINT, HINT!
Unread 12-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Jeepster
(RE: Gramps)....."where does he get all those wonderful toys?"
That's what my wife calls them, too . Reference material is just another tool like sockets, wrenches, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Jeepster
thanks for the pics....i was just kidding. while i have to admit i didn't know what went where until you posted the diagrams, i did understand what he was saying. it just makes more sense to us 'mere earthlings' now that "Gramps" (is that your given 'earth name'?) has translated.....
I knew that you were so it looked like a good place to throw in a laugh and provide others with maybe some necessary information.

I was 'given" that name just like I have been "given" a lot of other names , Gramps is 2nd only to "Bob" (it's in my profile), if you would prefer that.

Unread 12-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #22
blovingier
1999 WJ 

Well, it looks like I need to get on this a little quicker than I originally thought I would. I've got to fix the leak on the transfer case of my WJ and then I'll be getting on this Cruise Control add-on after that. I'll make my wife take pictures when I do the cruise control to get you guys some better pictures.

[B]99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B] - [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Totalled[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-3" lift w/Bilsteins - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -30.5" Pirelli Scorpion ATRs
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494045"]Clear Lenses[/URL] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5229329#post5229329"]Cobra 75 CB w/Wilson 4' Antenna[/URL]
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7008250#post7008250"]Home-Brew Discos[/URL]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734768&highlight=diamond+plate+hitch+cover"]Diamond Plate Hitch Cover[/URL]

-Stock
Unread 12-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #23
Jeepster55

THANKS!
Unread 12-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #24
blovingier
1999 WJ 

BTW, does anyone know what the mopar CC kit costs from the dealer?

-Stock
Unread 12-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #25
merlinTec

Hi
Well I could tell you but unsure if you would understand.
lol, sorry you wouldn’t want UK price.
Regards,
Merlin

Last edited by merlinTec; 12-25-2007 at 12:30 AM..
merlinTec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #26
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by blovingier
BTW, does anyone know what the mopar CC kit costs from the dealer?
i could tell you 'List' and 'Cost' if i were at work, which i'm not since it's Christmas Eve. BUT if you can wait until Wednesday, i'll post it when i get home......we have 'websense' on our system at work......

i have one ordered, i just can't remember my cost on it.....i'm old!
Unread 12-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #27
blovingier
1999 WJ 

51 Jeepster, I am a patient man and can wait until Wed. I appreciate your help. List and cost prices would definitely be helpful so I make sure not to get screwed by the dealer in town. You get down to the racetrack much?

Gramps, it got up to 65 today. I'll bottle up some of this Arizona sunshine and mountain views to pour it over. I'd gladly take a box of snow and ice and return.

MerlinTec, I don't understand what you mean. lol. I'm assuming you're talking about the difference in currency? If so, no worries.

Thanks everyone.

-Stock
Unread 12-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #28
earlage

Hi everyone,

I just got my cc in yesterday and I am installing it today! Quick question though, when I go to take off the sterring wheel it gets about half way off then it grabs and I cant pull it off the rest of the way. Any tips? Thanks.
earlage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #29
Jeepster55

sorry, have no clue. Merlin would be the best one to answer that. i'm curious myself as i'll be installing mine here in the next couple weeks......good luck with the rest of the install!
Unread 12-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #30
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL

WARNING:
Do not place a non-deployed airbag face down on a hard surface. The airbag will propel into the air if accidentally deployed, and could result in serious or fatal injury.
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable before beginning steering wheel removal or installation. This will disable the airbag system. Failure to disconnect the battery could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury.
Allow the airbag system capacitor to discharge for two minutes before removing the steering wheel or any airbag system component.

Fig1

1. Adjust the steering wheel so that the tires are in the STRAIGHT-AHEAD position.

2. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

3. Remove the driver airbag (3). (See next post - ELECTRICAL/RESTRAINTS/DRIVER AIRBAG - REMOVAL).

Fig2
4. Disconnect the wiring connector (2) at the clockspring.

Fig3
5. While holding the steering wheel firmly in place, remove the retaining bolt (2) securing the steering wheel to the steering column shaft.

Fig4
CAUTION: When installing a wheel puller on the steering wheel, be sure the puller jaws are fully seated around the steering wheel base (1). If the jaws are not fully seated, the jaws may slip off the steering wheel while attempting to remove the steering wheel.

Also, threading the retaining bolt (2) back in the end of the shaft until approximately 13 mm (0.5 in.) of thread is showing between the wheel and the head of the bolt allows a safe reaction surface for the puller to work against.

6. Thread the wheel retaining bolt (2) back into the end of the shaft until approximately 13 mm (0.5 in.) of thread is showing between the wheel and the head of the bolt.

7. Remove the screw (3) for the speed control switch in order to install the steering wheel puller tool.

8. Install a steering wheel puller on the steering wheel.

CAUTION: Do not bump or hammer on steering wheel or steering column shaft when removing steering wheel from steering column.

9. While holding the steering wheel firmly in the STRAIGHT-AHEAD position, remove steering wheel from the steering column shaft using the puller.

10. Remove the wheel retaining bolt (2) and the steering wheel.
fig1.jpg   fig2.jpg   fig3.jpg   fig4.jpg  

Tags
clock spring , clockspring , compass , cruise control , patriot , speed control , steering wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.