Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Speculation On Cost To Install Patriot Remote Start?

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Gramps 
#1 ·
Anyone have this done by a dealer after getting your Jeep? What was the cost, etc etc. After the negative temps here in Minnesota, a remote start felt like a nice option. I don't have the secondary display on mine if that matters or not. 2010 Sport.

Thanks!

Ninja

#2 ·
Go to Best Buy, the install is included in the purchase price. If you got 5 estimates for a remote start, the Dealership would be the highest cost.

#3 ·
thats kind of what i had figured, heh. i am confused on something though. i have the keyless entry, but does that mean i don't necessarily have an alarm hooked up? This would remove the need for an additional bypass unit to be installed correct?

#4 ·
Please fill out your profile ;) I had to look threw you posts to see if you have the security system. I don't think you do. Do you have a panic button on your key? If not then you don't need the by-pass.

I do have the security system on mine and when I priced it back in '07 it was like $400 and included the reprogramming at the dealer. With out the by-pass there's no programming and the unit is much more affordable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.