Spark plug problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Spark plug problems

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

Spark plug problems

I have recently changed my spark plugs for the first time in my Patriot. I bought two sets for my own personal test. I first replaced the OEM NGK with the same plug. I noticed a significant loss of power, I can no longer go up Floyd Hill in 4th and accelerate I now slow down. I have properly gaped them as well. I then later, last week tried a gamble with the E3 spark plugs since these either are a hit or miss. In my Nissan Titan they are absolutly fantastic. In my Patriot they seem to smooth out the engine and make it more quite in the lower RPM and it seemed to eliminate my bog down feel when I'm in 2nd Gear with 1500RPM and lower. I did notice a 1mpg gain over my average life of the vehicle which is usually 28mpg. My power is still lower then before I changed them. I still can't get up my Hill while accelerating.

My MPG data
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/sabretooth/patriot

2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

It might take away for the computer to relearn the new plugs and new gap
bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

Yeah I hope you are right it has been 300 miles only since the E3's are in.
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.