Sound from suspension on 2007 Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Sound from suspension on 2007 Compass

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
BobKenedy

Sound from suspension on 2007 Compass

I have a 2007 Compass with around 42k miles. Recently we had been hearing a noise when going over bumps and took it in to learn that the Ball joints and Tie rods needed replacing. Obviously this is a common problem with compasses. After we had the work done, however, the noise was still present (though it was not as noticeable/loud).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? The mechanic at the dealership said that everything looked alright, and he couldn't recreate the noise when he road tested it. He suggested we should just wait and see if it gets worse and take it in again at that piont. The problem is that we are getting close to our warrenty being up and would like to get any problems taken care of before we are on our own for paying for them.

Should I listen to him? What could be causing this noise?

BobKenedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sway bar bushings and links would be the first things I looked at.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.