Soon to be new Jeep owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Soon to be new Jeep owner

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Bob-blehead

Soon to be new Jeep owner

I've been waiting almost two years to buy a new Patriot! Now, the time is almost here! We're just waiting for our house re-fi to close. Hopefully, we'll hear on that this week.

Looking at a FWD Latitude in Blue or Copperhead. The copper would be my preference. Also thinking seriously about buying a manual, which I haven't driven in some time, but I've gotten the bug for a manual again since I've been driving my Civic. Bought an EX-L which is not available with a manual, but I wish it had one. Thus, the bug. I've read good things about the Jeep manual tranny. However, finding one here in the state of Michigan has been a bit of a task (just to try it to see if I will indeed like it). Finding one with the EQ I want on it has been even harder. Will have to drive up to Gaylord or over to Ionia or Brighton just to try it.

Anyway, I'm hoping we hear good news soon with a quick closing date, then I can go get serious with the dealer.

Bob-blehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Bob-blehead

Just found out that the re-fi was approved!!! Have a call in to find out when the closing will be scheduled. I can feel the steering wheel in my hands!!!
Bob-blehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Drexel911

I hear ya. Waiting on my new Compass Limited 4X4. With the colors and options I wanted I snagged the last one in western Canada. Manual was hard to track down but I got one.
Drexel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-blehead View Post
Just found out that the re-fi was approved!!! Have a call in to find out when the closing will be scheduled. I can feel the steering wheel in my hands!!!
Congratulations and good luck!
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
txgirl06
2007 JK Wrangler 

How do you like your Compass?

Looking at potentially buying a Compass. I liked the way it drove, but read some not so great reviews online. How do you like yours?
txgirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Wmillonig
2012 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl06
Looking at potentially buying a Compass. I liked the way it drove, but read some not so great reviews online. How do you like yours?
Here's my take on it. I've had no regrets, the main features I wanted were a comfortable ride, good towing capacity, and inexpensive cost of ownership. Good luck with your purchase!

http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/compass/...wId=1286898913
Wmillonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Those reviews are biased towards the Patriots, go read those reviews and look at the difference just because they 'look' more Jeep. The drive-trains are all the same.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.