something strange with brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > something strange with brakes

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
frans
2008 MK Patriot 

something strange with brakes

Hej i saw yesterday something strange at my front brake at the left hand site.
I went to the dealer today and they sad it was a sensor!!!! or an indicator to show you when youre brakes are bad or when you should change them... i think this is a little bit weird...

we compaired it with the other side but there was no such thing..the technisian sad this was normal .

What is the opinion off the other Jeep drivers...

~ Charles Darwin ~
frans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
dunkeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans
Hej i saw yesterday something strange at my front brake at the left hand site.
I went to the dealer today and they sad it was a sensor!!!! or an indicator to show you when youre brakes are bad or when you should change them... i think this is a little bit weird...

we compaired it with the other side but there was no such thing..the technisian sad this was normal .

What is the opinion off the other Jeep drivers...
Hi I had a brake pad low indicator like this on my Saab, only on one side looks normal to me
dunkeld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yup it's a sensor. I can't tell you why it's only on one side except someone expects the brakes to wear evenly. If they are working right they do. Most of the aftermarket brakes that I've replace have the sensors on both sides.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
frans
2008 MK Patriot 

oke...thanks for the answer guys..now i sleep a little bit better going on a vacation next week

~ Charles Darwin ~
frans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.