Sirius factry unit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Sirius factry unit?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Compassowner84

Sirius factry unit?

Hello to all here! I have question, and i searched i just dont get any info so i am asking you all. Does the '07 Compass compatable with Sirius radio? I mean not a plug and play unit but a factory type install. The dealer i got mine from said go to best buy and have them install a plug and play unit and he didnt know if they made a factory installed unit. I found this http://www.justforjeeps.com/ausisarasy2.html but is this all i need? I installed a simular unit in my 07 scion tc and it is controlled through my factory HU with no external unit that is visible like the starmate or other plug and play units. I want one like this for the compass.Any ideas? thanks in advance

Compassowner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The Sirius system is offered as a factory option on all Chrysler products. The one that you linked to in your post is the correct unit. You may need to have your system reprogrammed by the dealer to recognize it, I don't think so but I'm not sure.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:29 AM   #3
mca1977jpsnet

There website is correct p# 82209719AD is Mopar Sirius gen 2.5 Module kit. 2007 Compass will require Wiring insallation kit as well p# 82209500AB,

This should work with most Factory Compass Radios. This is bolt in and does not require any Vehicle reprogramming. Mopars labor guide says 1.0 hrs??

I can get these items for anyone wanting these as well.
If interested, PM me with zip for shipping quote.
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.