Should I get a 2009 Compass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Should I get a 2009 Compass?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
talltallling

Should I get a 2009 Compass?

Hi Everyone!

I am currently looking for an SUV .... I've shop around all kinds of different brands...but very interested in the COMPASS because the gas consumption is very attractive. Few questions/opinion for everyone that owns a compass now...

1) How is the gas consumption, does the CVT system really save a lot of gas money?

2) Any small problem on the engine ...etc...?

3) Any other opinion / comments on Compass would appreciated.

I am interested in the Limited Rally Group package....comments?

Thank you for all your suggestions!
Greatly appreciated.

talltallling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talltallling View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am currently looking for an SUV .... I've shop around all kinds of different brands...but very interested in the COMPASS because the gas consumption is very attractive. Few questions/opinion for everyone that owns a compass now...

1) How is the gas consumption, does the CVT system really save a lot of gas money?

2) Any small problem on the engine ...etc...?

3) Any other opinion / comments on Compass would appreciated.

I am interested in the Limited Rally Group package....comments?

Thank you for all your suggestions!
Greatly appreciated.
MPG is decent, avg about 24-25 city driving durring summer. winter months it goes down to about 19-20 cause of all the idling it does. CVT takes some getting use to but once u figure it out u wont even notice it.

2 years of ownership and have not had any engine problems.

the compass is a great jeep. will get u where u want to go safe.

by the way i have the 2.4l CVT and awd/4wd.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
talltallling

Thanks for the response!
talltallling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

I don't have the CVT (Manual) and I have only had my compass for 3/4 of a year, but so far no problems. I get 25 ish MPG with combo town/highway miles. Best case scenario, all highway miles and keep your speed at the limit and you can get close to 30 MPG. So far the engine has behaved famously, as with the rest of the car. Small engine has plenty of power. I didn't buy till March last year, so I cannot comment on how well it does on snow/ice, but it has to be better than my Mazda Protese...
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I love jeeps, but when it comes to crossover suv's, I've found the ford escape/mariner to be some of the best on the market. I had an 01 escape 4x4 and took that poor thing where you wouldn't try to drag a chain and I never had to walk. I abused it off road I will addmitt. My 08 mariner is tougher yet with a better 4x4 system, a rugged stance and a little better ground clearance. Sorry jeep fans, but the escape gets the nod for a small crossover. My 08 4x4 mariner gets 20.6 around town and 24 highway and thats with a 200 hp V-6 and 4 speed automatic and it's not even broke in yet. The 09 has a 240 hp V-6 with a 6 speed automatic. The 4 cylinder is now 170 hp with a 6 speed auto. "Sorry", I have to be honest.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Jeepva
2008 MK Patriot 

Great vehicle

I purchased an 08 4X2 Sport E package with a sunroof. Love this vehicle. It is really fun to drive. No problems. I get 28 MPG. The seats are comfortable also. Love the heated seats. I test drive a few small SUVs, including the Ford Escape, Honda Element, Saturn VUE, Mercury Mariner and Mazda Tribute. I recommend this vehicle for someone looking not to spend a lot of money and want comfort, dependability and good gas mileage.
Jeepva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
DeerTarget
2009 JK Wrangler 

I can't speak from personnal experience...

...but today I was driving Forest Service roads & talked with a guy in a Compass with the CVT system & rally pkg- he said that he liked it very much for driving on FS roads & on moderately muddy surfaces, but didn't use it on rocky/rough extremes. He said he was pleased with the fuel economy & reliability & had no regrets. I thought it was a nice Jeep.
DeerTarget is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.