SERVICE BULLETIN: 18-011-13 - 2011 - 2013 MK P050B-Rattle/Clunk on Cold Start Up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > SERVICE BULLETIN: 18-011-13 - 2011 - 2013 MK P050B-Rattle/Clunk on Cold Start Up

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
JeepCares

SERVICE BULLETIN: 18-011-13 - 2011-2013 MK P050B-Rattle/Clunk on Cold Start Up

FYI Ignore if not interested

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 18-011-13
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: March 06, 2013
SUBJECT:
Flash: MIL Illumination P050B and/or Rattle/Clatter Sound on Cold Start-up
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing revised heater hoses, routing the purge solenoid wire harness, and installing revised Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software.
MODELS:
2011 - 2013 MK Compass/Patriot
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with the 2.4L engine (Sales Code ED3) and either the Continuously Variable Transaxle (Sales Code DAV) or the Continuously Variable Transaxle with Off-Road Crawl Ratio (Sales Code
DAW).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may indicate that they hear a clatter or rattle noise coming from the engine on
initial start up after a long cold soak. A small number of customers may also experience a
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician
may find that the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been set.
P050B - Cold Start Ignition Timing Performance

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

How long after startup will sound persist? Does it happen when driving?
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
JeepCares

I don't know exactly how to define "initial start-up." I guess it could vary depending on how cold it was and how long the vehicle was sitting, but I don't know for sure.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #4
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
I don't know exactly how to define "initial start-up." I guess it could vary depending on how cold it was and how long the vehicle was sitting, but I don't know for sure.
Mine did this when I had it. You start it after a cold night and it would sound like a VW desiel for a few seconds. Then it would stop.
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.