SERVICE BULLETIN: 18-011-13 - 2011 - 2013 MK P050B-Rattle/Clunk on Cold Start Up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > SERVICE BULLETIN: 18-011-13 - 2011 - 2013 MK P050B-Rattle/Clunk on Cold Start Up

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
JeepCares

SERVICE BULLETIN: 18-011-13 - 2011-2013 MK P050B-Rattle/Clunk on Cold Start Up

FYI Ignore if not interested

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 18-011-13
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: March 06, 2013
SUBJECT:
Flash: MIL Illumination P050B and/or Rattle/Clatter Sound on Cold Start-up
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing revised heater hoses, routing the purge solenoid wire harness, and installing revised Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software.
MODELS:
2011 - 2013 MK Compass/Patriot
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with the 2.4L engine (Sales Code ED3) and either the Continuously Variable Transaxle (Sales Code DAV) or the Continuously Variable Transaxle with Off-Road Crawl Ratio (Sales Code
DAW).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may indicate that they hear a clatter or rattle noise coming from the engine on
initial start up after a long cold soak. A small number of customers may also experience a
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician
may find that the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been set.
P050B - Cold Start Ignition Timing Performance

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

How long after startup will sound persist? Does it happen when driving?
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
JeepCares

I don't know exactly how to define "initial start-up." I guess it could vary depending on how cold it was and how long the vehicle was sitting, but I don't know for sure.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #4
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
I don't know exactly how to define "initial start-up." I guess it could vary depending on how cold it was and how long the vehicle was sitting, but I don't know for sure.
Mine did this when I had it. You start it after a cold night and it would sound like a VW desiel for a few seconds. Then it would stop.
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.