Security Horn - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Security Horn

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #16
Rictus58

I have. My dealer said it has to be done at their shop.

Rictus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictus58
I have. My dealer said it has to be done at their shop.
That brings up another question: Do they reprogram it so that it works correctly or do they just turn it off and if you change your mind you'll have to take it back in again?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #18
Rictus58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
That brings up another question: Do they reprogram it so that it works correctly or do they just turn it off and if you change your mind you'll have to take it back in again?
I don't know. I didn't turn my horn off. If the horn didn't make a noise, I'd wonder if the doors are actually locked.
Rictus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

The thing was too loud for me so I turned it off. I have that compass thing on the left though so it was easy to do.
g3cko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #20
mca1977jpsnet

If owners manual proceedure didn't work you may have to use a crysler scantool to deactivate this function.
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #21
nearly.normal
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mca1977jpsnet
If owners manual proceedure didn't work you may have to use a crysler scantool to deactivate this function.
Is that what they mean when the service guy says 'They had to hook it to the computer.'...?

I've seen Compass/Patriot scantools available online. Man.. I bet you could do some damage(and good) with that thing.

Horn-->
My Patriot horn would not turn off via the manual with the Keyfob either. I called the dealer and he said it was a known problem and they could turn it off by 'hooking it to the computer.'
Quote:
I have been VERY tempted to try and turn it back on via the manual and the keyfob. But then there is a good chance I would be right back where I started.

Cheers,
Jim
nearly.normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
mca1977jpsnet

This is a customer preference feature. Some Chrysler vehicles can be set up to owners taste via owners manual procedures, all can be done with a Chrysler/Miller Scantool (These are generally a dealer only tool, but anythings available for a price?? Dealers pay $400-600.00 for their Scantools.) by either changing customer prefferences or reprogramming BCM / VSS module.

This feature can be turnede on or off at will. I suppose It may be at owners exspense however??
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #23
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

the 1st thing I did is turn off the horn chirp. with the key out of the ignition I closed the doors, held "lock" down on the key for 6 seconds and then while still holding down the "lock" button hit "panic." it worked for me 1st shot. all I can think of is try again a few times. mayby some have flaky programming or buttons are not holding contact for the 6 or so seconds.

this was an 07 Patriot.
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:32 AM   #24
monjon
2004 WJ 

did it make an extra "chirp" or anything when ya hit the panic button after the 6 seconds?
monjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #25
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

nope, no chirp or any other indication when I did it via the fob but since I was standing outside the jeep with the windows up I dont know if the dash chimed or anything. I had to lock and unlock it with the fob to make sure it worked.

that horn chirp was so sick sounding the 1st time the wife locked the patriot in a parking lot she was so embarresed by it she walked away fast so know one would know it had been her heh.

at least the cherokee chirp sounded "jeepy" but Ive turned that off too. wish the parking lights flashed like the patriots does, I have to listen to make sure the doors in the cherokee lock. with the patriot even with the chirp off the parking lights flash and the headlights turn on for 30 seconds or so.
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #26
new555
2007 WK 

Same here

I am also having this issue. I have the 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo with minimal options.

I have the EVIC and have set the options to "No", but it STILL does it. I also tried to re-program the key fob like some of you have mentioned (i.e. holding down lock for > 4 seconds and then hitting Panic. Then releasing them both at the same time). Also, no luck.

This is just ODD. I will just have to mention it to my dealer.
new555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #27
scelldawg
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharBroiled View Post
the 1st thing I did is turn off the horn chirp. with the key out of the ignition I closed the doors, held "lock" down on the key for 6 seconds and then while still holding down the "lock" button hit "panic." it worked for me 1st shot. all I can think of is try again a few times. mayby some have flaky programming or buttons are not holding contact for the 6 or so seconds.

this was an 07 Patriot.
Just followed these directions on my '08 Patriot and it worked first try. YAY! Horn chirp was a little loud and a little annoying, the wife will be happy.

Now if I could figure out how to program it to unlock all 4 doors with one press, I'd be thrilled! (EDIT - found something in another forum, need to see if it'll work on the Patriot tho)

Last edited by scelldawg; 07-16-2008 at 12:08 PM..
scelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #28
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

actually I like the "one press unlock drivers door, two presses unlock all doors" bit. seems like a smart idea from a safety viewpoint in unfriendly territory.
Unread 07-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #29
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharBroiled View Post
actually I like the "one press unlock drivers door, two presses unlock all doors" bit. seems like a smart idea from a safety viewpoint in unfriendly territory.
That's how mine is set up except the wife likes to hear the chirp when she's with me (many times she'll asks me if I locked it so I push the button so that she can hear it), otherwise I use the inside drivers door button when it's just me.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #30
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
That's how mine is set up except the wife likes to hear the chirp when she's with me (many times she'll asks me if I locked it so I push the button so that she can hear it), otherwise I use the inside drivers door button when it's just me.
speaking of the inside lock button, now Im finally in the habit of automatically hitting the inside unlock button as I get out when I get home as all the doors automatically lock when driving. when we 1st got it we were always forgetting about the automatic lock bit so we would get home, go to the back door or hatch to get something and find it locked. DOH! half the time it was easier to unlock with the fob then go around to the drivers door and unlock it there

ah automatic lock/unlock technology.. love the fact that if you plant it into a tree hard enough to set the air bag off it will automatically unlock all the doors and put all the courtesy lights on so they can drag your sorry mangled body out of the jeep easier in the dark - well assuming the battery didnt get ripped out during the crash

Last edited by CharBroiled; 07-16-2008 at 07:53 PM..
CharBroiled is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.