Seat Risers for '11 Patriot? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Seat Risers for '11 Patriot?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Seat Risers for '11 Patriot?

Hey Folks, one of my coworkers has a '11 Patriot and loves it. My TJ is pretty distinctive, at least at work and I'm known as the Jeep Guy there, so we were talking about Jeeps in general last night. The one thing that troubles her is that she is a bit short and has trouble with things like reaching the rear view mirror, bank ATMs, take out windows etc. In the TJ realm this is pretty common and there are a number of commercial seat risers available and numerous home brew options as well. I searched (she's not internet savvy) but I couldn't find any seat risers for the Patriot. Does anyone know if there are seat risers available for the Patriot, or if TJ seat risers will work? Are the seats interchangeable? She's also concerned that any modifications might void her warranty. What can you all tell me to tell her?

Thanks,
Adam

'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

At 6'5"...I've never considered such a thing...
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I've never run across a call for that. The earlier MK had an up/down adjustment that was part of a package deal (any thing above the base unit. Is that still being used on the 2011, she doesn't have the option or it's not enough adjustment for her? I have no idea on the bolt pattern between the TJ /MK but I can't see it interfering with anything if it physically fits.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
PATruckie

Maybe a call to Chrysler customer service would be helpful. Most companies have programs/resources to provide mobility for those with special needs. She may even be able to get $$ assistance. My concerns would be a properly engineered solution that would function correctly in the event of a crash.
PATruckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
64pete
1967 CJ5 

My wife's '11 has the risers factory- looks like a seatback tilt handle on the left side of the seat. Rachets up or down.
64pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks 64pete that answers part of my question. Now, does Faramir66103 have that on theirs (possible base model). If not it could be added. If not we need to find another solution.

Unread 10-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

the sport does not have a hight adjustable option. if she has a latitude or a limited (or latitude X, depending on the year), then her seat goes up and down. there's a decent chance that her seat goes up and down and she doesn't even know it. but if she really wanted to pony up the $$$, she could get a seat out of another MK that does have the hight adjustable feature.

EDIT: just read it's an 11. if she has a latitude or a latitude X her seat goes up and down. does her jeep have leather? does it have a badge on the back that says "Latitude"?
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help folks! I'll try to have a look tonight at the specific trim package she has. Is this potential seat height adjustment electrical or mechanical in nature? What should I be looking for, little buttons/switches or some sort of lever/linkage? Where would it be located on the seat?

Thanks,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Quick fix. Trade it for a JK.
We have '10 Patriot and a '10 JKU Rubicon. I can see how someone below 5'6" might be at a slight disadvantage at drive through windows. My Lifted JK is about even. I am looking up a bit in the Patriot and I am 6'.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Sure fishgutz! Or they could buy a limo and rent a driver too.

This is what you're looking for. It's a manual up/down puming action.
seate-adjuster.jpg  

Unread 10-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Gramps we really need a, sarcasm font
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Gramps, Thanks for the pic. I'll look for that next chance I get. Last time I passed her Patriot in the lot I saw no badging on the rear, so I'm guessing it's as base a model as could be had.

Thanks, for the help folks, I really appreciate it.
Adam
Unread 10-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

no badging on rear = no hight adjustable driver's seat
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
Bigbob

For what its worth, when I was shopping for my 2011 many of the base models, sports, had the manual lift arm. My latitude has an electric lift.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgutz View Post
Gramps we really need a, sarcasm font
That wound be this:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.