saw a compass today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > saw a compass today

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
Arkansas_WJ

saw a compass today

Not half as bad i thought they would be

2000 WJ Limited - 4.7l, 4x4, pioneer HU w/ ipod interface, upgraded front calipers, yakima lowrider system, uniden cb w/ 4 ft firestick, 3.5" tweeter upgrade
Arkansas_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
Kev M
2012 WK 

Well, that's at least HALF a compliment.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I saw a Compass today and it resembled the Grand Cherokee until I got closer to it.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
Swanny

I'm quite happy with my Compass. I've had it since August 18. So far so good. I have a few complaints, but it has WAY better value for the money than the GC.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i saw one today too, it was onroad while i was off, never would i think of getting one unless i was reborn a woman and had 4 kids
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2006, 07:24 AM   #6
turnsix

Test drove a couple different models yesterday. A sport model with a 1.8 liter engine and 5 speed and a Limited with Auto Stick.

The shopping trip started off with idea of finding a decent sedan with better fuel mileage than the tank I'm driving now. That meant looking at a Pontiac Vibe, PT Cruiser, Chevrolet HHR and Dodge Caliber.
turnsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2006, 08:05 AM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnsix
Test drove a couple different models yesterday. A sport model with a 1.8 liter engine and 5 speed and a Limited with Auto Stick.

The shopping trip started off with idea of finding a decent sedan with better fuel mileage than the tank I'm driving now. That meant looking at a Pontiac Vibe, PT Cruiser, Chevrolet HHR and Dodge Caliber.
Looked at some of those too. The Matrix has a better warranty than the Vibe for the same drive train, leather not available but the best mileage. By the time I configured the Vibe AWD for what I could get in the Compass Limited it was over priced with fewer "driving enhancements". The Caliber R/T didn't have electronic stability control until "late".
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #8
turnsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Looked at some of those too. The Matrix has a better warranty than the Vibe for the same drive train, leather not available but the best mileage. By the time I configured the Vibe AWD for what I could get in the Compass Limited it was over priced with fewer "driving enhancements". The Caliber R/T didn't have electronic stability control until "late".
That's what I found too. The Compass (or any Jeep product for that matter) wasn't on my list of cars to look at. The price and equipment level along with fuel economy got this old tightwad interested. The test drive just got me a whole lot more interested.

The five speed transmission left me unimpressed but I had blast with the auto-stick. The manual trans shifted nicely but 3,200 rpm @ 70mph is a bit high on the loud scale. The CVTII auto-stick settled into a highway mode quickly. On the winding back roads near the dealer, I selected the manual mode. What a great time!! What's not to love about this transmission? It was as much fun as a six speed manual but without the clutch.

I'm looking through dealer inventories now. It's tough to find exactly what I want so I may end up ordering.
Unread 11-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #9
Willys2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinUpXJ
never would i think of getting one unless i was reborn a woman and had 4 kids
very funny
Willys2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
HPMainiac

Well, we've got a Compass for my wife to drive and for long trips, but I've also got a 2005 Rubicon and a 1995 Cherokee. I like 'em all, each for their own purpose. I don't think I'd want to drive the Rubicon to New York (400 miles each way) to see our son anmore than i'd like to take the Compass off roading. I guess they can do an adequate job at either, but they each have their speciallty. The Cherokee is for my daughter to tool around town in. It's got almost 200,000 miles on it and the 2.5 4 banger is a little "tired", but its still ok for short trips.
Dave
HPMainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
That's what I found too. The Compass (or any Jeep product for that matter) wasn't on my list of cars to look at. The price and equipment level along with fuel economy got this old tightwad interested. The test drive just got me a whole lot more interested.

The five speed transmission left me unimpressed but I had blast with the auto-stick. The manual trans shifted nicely but 3,200 rpm @ 70mph is a bit high on the loud scale. The CVT II auto-stick settled into a highway mode quickly. On the winding back roads near the dealer, I selected the manual mode. What a great time!! What's not to love about this transmission? It was as much fun as a six speed manual but without the clutch.

I'm looking through dealer inventories now. It's tough to find exactly what I want so I may end up ordering.
Turnsix,
It certainly appears that orders are taking a loooong time to come in. That applies to the Caliber too and with the Patriot due out hopefully just after the first of the year to complicate things it may get worse. If whatever you're looking for is less optioned than what they have available that could give you some bargaining power. Good luck!

Gramps
Unread 11-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #12
turnsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
If whatever you're looking for is less optioned than what they have available that could give you some bargaining power. Good luck!

Gramps
That's a good point Gramps. I'm hoping it works in reverse for me. What I'm looking for is something lightly optioned. I've already decided on the Limited. The standard equipment list is very good. Most of what the dealer has is either Sport or Limiteds with the maximum of options. The salesman said he's made some special orders for customers. He confirmed what you said about the length of time for a delivery.

There's an incentive program going on until the end of the month. I haven't read through the details yet but I'd be willing to bet it only applies to vehicles in existing inventory and delivered by the end of the month.
Unread 11-08-2006, 04:03 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
That's a good point Gramps. I'm hoping it works in reverse for me. What I'm looking for is something lightly optioned. I've already decided on the Limited. The standard equipment list is very good. Most of what the dealer has is either Sport or Limiteds with the maximum of options. The salesman said he's made some special orders for customers. He confirmed what you said about the length of time for a delivery.

There's an incentive program going on until the end of the month. I haven't read through the details yet but I'd be willing to bet it only applies to vehicles in existing inventory and delivered by the end of the month.
I didn't care about a sunroof or chrome wheels on mine (but I'm glad that I've got them now) so they took those off of the price and we negotiated from there. Most of the "deals" that I've seen are for 2006 models. Where abouts are you? Send me a pm if you like on what you're looking for and I could keep a watch down here. Your dealer can also do a 300 - 400 mile search and have something transported back to you. What I've been told on that, is that they usually only want to swap between dealers IF the other guy wants what your dealer has. It may hold true too that they won't tell you about what is in the area because the other dealer WON"T swap. An inventory search at Jeep.com with 53536 will take in down to Rockford and Belvidere. I'd be glad to help if I can.

Gramps

I just searched the area for the fun of it. There are a LOT of FWD's on the lots right now! There is a nice black/black Limited, 4X4, CVT at Jack Wolfs in Belvidere, 61008, with just:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 26F
Premium Front and Rear Floor Mats $ 30
Continuously Variable Transaxle II $ 1,150
AutoStick(R) Automatic Transmission

DESTINATION CHARGE $ 560

TOTAL PRICE:* $ 23,415

Last edited by Gramps; 11-08-2006 at 04:55 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.