Sat-Nav Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Sat-Nav Question

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
casm
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sat-Nav Question

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I drove the Compass at a DCX open day. One of the ones we were looking at had a sat-nav module perched on the dashboard above the centre air vents.

On the passenger side of the module, there was a removable panel with a Garmin-branded compact flash card underneath. I'm presuming this is storage for the unit's basemap - can anyone confirm or deny this? Also, does anyone know what model the GPS unit used is?

casm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
preese

Anyone added a Navus Nav system?

I've got a Mopar Navus setup which is supposed to be for the Compass. I took it to a Chrysler/Jeep service shop today for installation. They were not able to install it, as the actual car didn't follow the 'pictures' on the install docs.

It was their first install, so they may have missed something. Anyone had one installed? Any tips to share?

Phil
preese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
preese

Look for the Navus accessory, by Garmin

There is an optional navigation system called Navus. Its a Garmin GPS system.

Here are a few links that might be of interest:
Link to Garmin Press Release.

Navus on Compass

I got one of these recently and I'd suggest you look carefully. Some dealers are selling them without the map card while others are selling them with a 256M card. I think the current package includes the Navus device and a 2gig card with maps of all the US and Mexico (and maybe Canada).

Phil
preese is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.