Rule and guidelines for posting
- Keep your messages on topic.
For this message group, that means talking about the Jeep Compass (MK49) and Patriot (MK74) which began production in 2006. You may talk about the problems, desires, capabilities, modifications, ideas and loves / hates that you have about the Compass or Patriot. We will allow a certain amount of "off-topic" messaging, but please keep it to a minimum, start a new thread if necessary.
- Swearing, flaming, slamming and spamming will not be tolerated.
Posts that do not fall within the guidelines of this site will either be edited for content or will be deleted all-together. This is your only warning. Repeat offenders will find their login-id's and IP addresses banned from using JeepForums.com.
- On evey single message on the left side under the name of the person posting you will find an icon that looks like this:
Clicking on that button will allow you to write a detailed message to the moderator (or to the administrators) as to why a message needs to be fixed. Please let us know if it is porn, spam, flaming, trolling or slamming another user or any other details you feel are relevant.
- Pictures may be posted with your messages. Please check the Registry Section for ideas on how to properly post the pictures that you wish for others to see
- Topics allowed include anything about the Compass or Patriot, including trail / grocery runs, towing, changes in look or function, warranty / non-warranty problems that come up, etcetra.
- Please do not post and repost your questions several times over as the answers are not always immediate. Some people will refrain from answering questions even after reading them if they cannot prove their points of view or question their own knowledge of the particular issue you are having.
- Posts that are nothing but "padding" the post-counter (ie: "I agree") will not be tolerated for long. If you agree, say so, but please
add more to the discussion, you do have opinions that you can share!
As times and members change within this group, some questions may be asked over and over again ...
- - For the oldtimers, please be patient with those who are new.
- - To those who are new, you can search the online databases for answers to your questions. If you feel the answers found do not satisfy you, please don't hesitate to post your question here.
- - Sometimes the answers you are looking for may be in other sections, check there as well, as many questions that are asked about the Compass or Patriot may also apply to other models
- - Don't forget the general sections under "OffRoad Performance" as there is lots of great information in there as well.
- - These forums are here to help in a positive and good natured way, don't be too shy to ask a question or respond with worth while information.