Rough idle issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rough idle issue

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 03-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
Anewbigging

Rough idle issue

Just got my jeep back from the shop after windshield fluid pump needed replacing, the jeep is 2 weeks old and they had it 2 days to fix the pump and now... When I'm at a stop and take my foot off the break (my Jeep is automatic) and before I step on the gas the car slowly moves forward, the problem is I feel this vibration, It feels like the idle is slightly to slow/low so the car labors/vibrates a little. (Sort of like on a hot day when you turn on the air conditioner sometimes the idle will drop for a few seconds but this is continuous until I step on the gas) I don’t want to go back to the dealer again, is there an easy way for me to fix this,,, maybe manually adjust the resting idle speed? Any help would be great.
Thanks

Anewbigging is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I dont think you can manually adjust the idle speed. these things are all computer controlled.

is it more of a "buzzing" noise? we get that occasionally on our patriot but never from idle or stoipped, its happens sometimes when accelerating from a slow speed like the tranny not sure what ratio to use. I asked the dealer to check it out when we had the oil changed and they said it was "a normal function of the CVT." I wonder if he couldnt get it to do it though as it doesnt happen a lot and he only had it for like a 10 minute test drive.

happens a couple times a week and its not that noticable so we just ignore it. it "buzzes" for maybe a second when it does happen.
Unread 03-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

CharBroiled is right, no manual adjustment, it's controlled by the PCM the same as the Cruise Control http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/mysteries-jeep-speed-control-535213/.

What is your date of manufacture? Is it before April '07? If so them maybe the TSB will apply. http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...er_1803107.pdf.

Sorry to say it's probably going to mean a trip back to the dealer.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.