Rooftop basket that sits between cross bars NOT on top? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rooftop basket that sits between cross bars NOT on top?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Kappy
2008 MK Compass 

Rooftop basket that sits between cross bars NOT on top?

Does anyone know of any roof-top baskets that sit in between the roof cross bars and not on top? I thought maybe there would be some type of a basket that connects to each cross bar, but sits in between them (maybe an inch or so off the top of the roof) so it wouldn't look so top heavy/have better aerodynamics and less wind resistance.

I have a Rallye and don't really want to mount a basket on the top of the cross bars.

If there are no "in between baskets", what is the lowest profile roof-top basket available?

Thanks!!!

Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

not that i'm aware of, because the baskets rely on the support of the rails underneath of them for strength. don't worry, that extra inch isn't going to make any measureable difference in the aerodynamics of the car.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Kappy
2008 MK Compass 

Okay,sweet. Are there any low-profile ones you recommend?
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

no, i have never looked into them myself. sorry.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.