Road Noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Road Noise

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 04-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
parajeep
2007 MK Compass 

Road Noise

When applying the plasticized undercoating, is it advisable to put it in wheel wells as well as under body?
I'm just worried that vibration of the plastic will loosen the bond and cause flaking.
What products are recommended for noise abatement?: in Canada

parajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parajeep View Post
When applying the plasticized undercoating, is it advisable to put it in wheel wells as well as under body?
I'm just worried that vibration of the plastic will loosen the bond and cause flaking.
What products are recommended for noise abatement?: in Canada
Dynamat ... You can be crazy like me. I ordered a couple bulk packs to do the doors, the headliner, the floor, and just about anywhere I can stick it. I did this in my last 3 cars and it makes a huge difference. I'd put it on the windows, but there is a slight problem there

I've never used the spray stuff though. There are lots of products out there, I just have had good luck with Dynamat.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I haven't used the dynamat but it's on my list for interior panels, Jeep went a little cheap on the MK's.

I did do the spray undercoating on my Challenger but it was more for the road grime and rust protection, road noise doesn't mean much when you can't even hear the radio over the engine . The spray stuff is pretty flexible almost like the panels. Just clean the surface well with paint thinner/mineral spirits and spray. You may want to put a dab of grease on the screws, pins and other fasteners that hold the panels on so that you can just wipe off the undercoating from them when it dries.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #4
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

RHINO LINE IT!! dynamat is very heavy, rhino liner has life time warrenty
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
Urr

Quote:
Originally Posted by parajeep View Post
What products are recommended for [road]noise abatement?: in Canada
A good CD or a good radio-station is always a help
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 01:22 AM   #6
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

get some subs.... or fortera tires w/ the silent armor are very good for this too

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.