Rims that don't hold snow. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rims that don't hold snow.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

Rims that don't hold snow.

Does anybody have any suggestions on rims that don't hold snow. The five spoke design on the Compass seems to hold it there forever. With the recent snow two almost 10 inch dumps in a week, the vibrations are getting annoying.

bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

My 18" held a lot of snow too but the 16" Patriot rims that I'm running now seem to be better, but that Is very subjective since we haven't had quite as much snow as a few years ago.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Maybe try generic Steel wheels like the ones you cna buy from Discount Tire. I believe their brand is Unique Wheels or something like that. The only way i see those holding snow is in the back but even then I dont think it'd pack in too much? GL
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

I'll have to look into the steelies. When I had my Corolla it had then and they never picked up snow. I have thought about cooking spray on the back side of the rim, but i doubt it would help. Might lose the brakes..
bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

WD-40 works well for keeping the snow from sticking. Just don't get it on your tires.
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

I have plain jane steel wheels for our Patriot's winter tires and they are much harder to remove snow from the inside than the OEM alloy wheels. I use a snow brush and sometimes a tire iron just to clean the inside.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.