replacement for factory sub - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > replacement for factory sub

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
ronjr8102
2007 MK Compass 

replacement for factory sub

Fist off I don't know anything about sound systems so please help. I have a 07 with the BA sound system.The sub is blown and wondering if I could just buy a cheap sub to replace it with? I also noticed that there is four wires for the sub and as far as I know dont subs have only two connections? So does tha tmean I cant replace it with an aftermarket sub?

ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Dual Voice Coil subs have 2 sets of connections on them. I wouldnt think a factory sub would be that though. Gramps posted a link in one of the other recent stereo threads to some pics of the sub box and how to remove it. I'm not sure it has the standard 8 screws a normal sub has. Also the factory amp is only 90 watts, and the sub I think is an 8".
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Here's some pics of the sub enclosure. Just pull off the side panel and there it is held on by 3 screws.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/b...estion-432143/
Heres the link
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
ronjr8102
2007 MK Compass 

I got the sub enclosure out and the sub out of it.
Was wondering if I could get an aftermarket sub to replace it with?
ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I dont see why not? If it has the standard 8 screw hole pattern. Were all four wires connected to the sub after you got it out? One of the logistic problems of buying a replacement is figureing out what impedence to get...4 ohm or 8 ohm....to properly match the amp. With a voltmeter and a new factory sub you could test and see what the stock one was....but since its blown that won't work. If I had to guess I'd imagine a 4 ohm sub would work...but thats a guess.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.