Removing Security Cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Removing Security Cover

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
ARONO 129

Removing Security Cover

I'm buying a 40" TV tomorrow. I don't want to pay for delivery but my 08 Compass has a bar across the back with a pull out blind (for trunk privacy). I tried GENTLY to remove the bar so I will have room for the TV. I couldn't get the bar out. Is it permenant or removeable?

Any help would be appreciated.

(I hope Gramps is still awake).

ARONO 129 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Should be removable ... you probably have to squeeze it together to get it to come out .... push one side towards the other (kinda hard to explain, like it has a spring inside the length of it).

I am sure it is removable since I don't have one in my Compass, and damn it, I want one!!!!
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Grab one side of the cargo cover and push towards the other side- you will be pushing against a spring with the intent of making the cargo cover narrower so that the cover end can be pulled out of the socket molded into the side panel. Then just pull the freed cover end towards the rear of the car- this is how 99% of cargo covers are removed.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
ARONO 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjeepguy View Post
Grab one side of the cargo cover and push towards the other side- you will be pushing against a spring with the intent of making the cargo cover narrower so that the cover end can be pulled out of the socket molded into the side panel. Then just pull the freed cover end towards the rear of the car- this is how 99% of cargo covers are removed.
I got it out. It was more of a twisting up motion. I hate that cargo cover. I'm sure it's probably $400 but it really cuts down on the trunk space and the plastic cover that you pull open is cheap IMHO. I'll probably leave it where it is now which is under our bed.
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARONO 129 View Post
I got it out. It was more of a twisting up motion. I hate that cargo cover. I'm sure it's probably $400 but it really cuts down on the trunk space and the plastic cover that you pull open is cheap IMHO. I'll probably leave it where it is now which is under our bed.
It's the same "quality" in all Jeep cargo covers, the Wife's Grand is no different. Mine is in the closet most of the time.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:49 AM   #6
Urr

Is there any non-original replacement available?
Mine doesn't want to slide in always...
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
ARONO 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urr View Post
Is there any non-original replacement available?
Mine doesn't want to slide in always...
IMHO just don't use one. The Jeep one is cheap which is kinda funny that they just didn't make a hard plastic one considering that the Jeep is such a rugged vehicle. Sad when car companies don't include cheap plastic anymore and they replace it with vinyl.

Without the "curtain rod" in my backseat I easily fit a box for a 40" HDTV in there a few days ago. There was so much room that the salesman that wheeled the TV out for me joked that I should have bought two TV's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.