JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Remote USB port (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/remote-usb-port-1353919/)

beccabuhler 04-08-2012 12:08 AM

Remote USB port

So today I bought my first Jeep, and let me start off by saying I LOVE it.

I am a bit confused though and I even asked the dealer who sold me my car about it and he seemed confused as well(really professional :rolleyes:) , but what exactly is the remote usb port?

I bought the 2012 Jeep Patriot Sport.

I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find an actual usb port, does this just mean I can plug in an external usb thing into the cigarette lighter?

Anyone help, please

thank you (:

mephistois 04-08-2012 01:52 AM

Are you sure you got the package with the usb port? I didn't get that package on mine so I wouldn't know where it would be but just a thought. I would expect it to be on or near the stereo controls. Oh, and it most likely has a flip open cover.

h2otoo 04-08-2012 05:17 AM

Not on my Compass either, but I believe that, on the ones that do have it, it is in the glove box along the left edge. Not the best spot, but still good to have.

Busmaster2 04-08-2012 03:21 PM

Unless specifically ordeted or part of a package, the usb doesnt exist. However you could have it installed by chrysler, or for probably less money you could buy an aftermarket radio with usb and bluetooth built in.

downbreak 04-08-2012 03:38 PM

I think that one dude is right, if it's anything like mine, I have the 2011 Compass Sport, and the USB port is in the glove box, I'd imagine it would be the same on the patriot. Oh and if you're plugging in your iPod to it, it's easier to go through your music by using the "speak" button, it took me forever to figure that out. You can tell it to shuffle songs or even play a specific song although it doesn't always get it quite right

JeepCares 04-09-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccabuhler (Post 13376221)
I bought the 2012 Jeep Patriot Sport.

... does this just mean I can plug in an external usb thing into the cigarette lighter?

Do you mean something like a charger for a phone?

If so, yes.

beccabuhler 04-09-2012 01:46 PM

Thank you all so much for you responses, it is greatly appreciated!

I called the dealer today and it turns out, I did end up paying for the USB, but it was never installed in the car, so I need to take the car in and get it installed.

Thank you all again!

JeepCares 04-10-2012 06:03 AM

Glad you pursued it.

(You shouldn't have had to - but that's a different topic.)

IRSmart 04-10-2012 07:21 AM

sounds like you have a dealer who doesn't know what they are talking about. unless you have the factory bluetooth installed, you will not be able to get the remote USB port installed. all it does is allow you to play an ipod through the glove box. if you don't know what a remote USB port is, i'm going out on a limb and saying you don't have an ipod either ;) and your dealer should know what that is, and if they come back very confused and trying to wiggle your way out of what they said they'd do, that's either because they found out it's going to cost them over $500 because they have to install the bluetooth kit, or they don't know how to do it. but if you didn't pay for the u-connect bluetooth option, you are not missing anything you paid for.

if you want, shoot me your VIN number (or if you don't have it, your first and last name with your address), and i can pull you a build sheet and tell you if you should have the remote USB port. if you don't own an ipod, i wouldn't pursue the matter further.

JeepCares 04-10-2012 07:31 AM

It sounded odd to me also that beccabuhler paid for it, but it wasn't installed.

I figured either the dealer would find out when they tried to get a claim paid, or it might have been some goodwill thing.

beccabuhler 04-11-2012 10:10 AM

They ended up pulling up the sticker that was on my car and we went back( to change the paperwork) and they all looked around and found the spot the USB was suppose to be in, then looked at the paperwork and realized it was suppose to be in there and installed it.

IRsmart I do have an ipod and I knew what a USB was, I just didn't know if they considered it to be the cigarette lighter and something you could insert in there, and I'm driving across country in June so I need it as a phone charger and for my ipod aha.

I did pay for the Uconnect and the bluetooth, the USB just wasn't installed.

Went back and everything was fixed, thank you again though!

StanDetroit 05-09-2013 04:19 PM

Patriot Sport and the USB

I am shopping for 2014 Patriots now and due to this forum I have started to look for the USB port when indicated. There are two Jeeps that should have it VIN 1C4NJPBA0ED502668, and another 1C4NJRBB4ED501169... but no USB to be found in the glove box or anywhere... the plot thickens.... is there a difference between the option UCONNECT and UCONNECT bluetooth on the available packages? Maybe someone is printing the wrong window stickers?

IRSmart 05-10-2013 07:29 AM

U-connect is simply chrysler's go-to name for a lot of things, like ford's SYNC system. there is the u-connect bluetooth system, and then the u-connect 430, 430N, and 730N radios. if it has either of the 430 radios, that does not neccessarily mean that it has the USB port in the glove box. the 730N, however, always should.

daveyp225 01-04-2014 07:21 PM

edited: nevermind i found it, whew

Katmandu 01-04-2014 08:19 PM

Are you able to access MP3s off a USB stick via the USB port ?? :confused:

The time now is 11:19 AM.