Remote starter reprograming, anyone know how to do it - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Remote starter reprograming, anyone know how to do it

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Bae146jet
2009 MK Patriot 

Remote starter reprograming, anyone know how to do it

Hey there guys, just woundering if any one knows how to or even if it's possible to reprogram the amount of run time on a mopar dealer installed remote starter. Right now it starts and runs for 10 mins then shuts down, i live in a colder part of canada, where i need at least 15 to 20 mins of warm up to get everything defrosted, right now i have to re started the thing every 10 mins, this gets anoyying after awhile. Any help would be appreciated.

Bae146jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I looked at having the remote start put on mine but because I also have the security system it had to be dealer installed ($500 give or take) because of the reprogramming required. This may be something that the dealer has to do.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Hmmm. I certainly hope you have a CVT and not the 5-speed, as the remote starter will not work with the manual tranny.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

My bad!!! Teach me to not fully read a post!

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
Unread 10-19-2009, 03:58 AM   #5
Bae146jet
2009 MK Patriot 

my patriot has the cvt. I'm soon going to be heading into the dealer for an oil change i'll ask them about reprograming of the remote starter. If i knew the remote starter only ran for 10 mins i wouldn't of got the thing, but hey maybe thats why it was so easy for me to negotiate it into my deal, i got a free remote start and install...lol
Bae146jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Copy that, Bae146jet. Good luck with the remote.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.