Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Remote starter reprograming, anyone know how to do it

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  fortuneer 
#1 ·
Hey there guys, just woundering if any one knows how to or even if it's possible to reprogram the amount of run time on a mopar dealer installed remote starter. Right now it starts and runs for 10 mins then shuts down, i live in a colder part of canada, where i need at least 15 to 20 mins of warm up to get everything defrosted, right now i have to re started the thing every 10 mins, this gets anoyying after awhile. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I looked at having the remote start put on mine but because I also have the security system it had to be dealer installed ($500 give or take) because of the reprogramming required. This may be something that the dealer has to do.

#3 ·
Hmmm. I certainly hope you have a CVT and not the 5-speed, as the remote starter will not work with the manual tranny.:D

#4 ·
:laugh:My bad!!! Teach me to not fully read a post!:eek:

#5 ·
my patriot has the cvt. I'm soon going to be heading into the dealer for an oil change i'll ask them about reprograming of the remote starter. If i knew the remote starter only ran for 10 mins i wouldn't of got the thing, but hey maybe thats why it was so easy for me to negotiate it into my deal, i got a free remote start and install...lol

#6 ·
Copy that, Bae146jet. Good luck with the remote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.