Release date? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Release date?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Release date?

Guys, what's the release date for this? What about the Patriot? I can't find any info on it besides 3rd quarter 06, and well the third quarter begins in what July? So, I was just wondering if anyone knew an actual date that the Compass and Patriot would begin shipping. Plus, my apprenticeship begins soon, and lets just say that the VWs I've been discussing for a while are out of it now, and plus I get a good DCX discount. So anyone know the dates?

Unread 06-26-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Compass is at dealerships now. You should see some on the road within a couple of weeks! As for the Patriot, it should be a few months. Similar to the time between the Caliber and the Compass.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Weird, none of the dealerships in AL or MS I've checked have them yet. I'm ready to see one in person!
Unread 07-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
SlimGoaty
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I want to see one also, so I can make a final judgement. I see a **** load of those damn calibers out here on the west coast!

My buildup on CherokeeForum

97 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231, RE 5.5, Tom Woods DS, AA SYE, 35x12.50 KM2,
Upgraded Harness, PIAA bulbs, Rustys Tie-Rod, L&L Fab bumper,
Quadratec 9500i Winch, Aussie locker, 4.88's
SlimGoaty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #5
dakotus

Theyre at dealerships now, I just saw one here in Cleveland
Unread 07-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
jeep_on

Why even go looking? Its not even a Jeep. WTF. DCX screwed up when they OK'ed the WK design, and they royally screw up with this.

I'm sorry, but the next time some one asks me "What do you drive?" I'm sure as hell not going to tell them I drive a Jeep. I'm going to say "Grand Cherokee"

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #7
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

I really can't wait to test drive the Patriot.

This waiting sucks. There are some great trails I'd love to test out the Freedom II Adventure Package!
Unread 07-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #8
dakotus

Well typically, when you say you drive a Jeep its connotation is that you drive a Wrangler.
Unread 07-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #9
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Why even go looking? Its not even a Jeep. WTF. DCX screwed up when they OK'ed the WK design, and they royally screw up with this.

I'm sorry, but the next time some one asks me "What do you drive?" I'm sure as hell not going to tell them I drive a Jeep. I'm going to say "Grand Cherokee"
For many people, if the door's and top don't come off and the windshield doesn't drop forward.... it's not a Jeep. Personally, I don't like any rounded 4x4. That's one of the big reasons I prefer the Patriot over the Compass.... along with the Patriot being able to be "Trail Rated".
Unread 07-12-2006, 05:34 AM   #10
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba
For many people, if the door's and top don't come off and the windshield doesn't drop forward.... it's not a Jeep.
Fold down that windsheld and take a drive on the freeway. You'll never do it again. Trust me.

Well the Compass in my book is about as ugly and worthless as a WK. And the Patriot, it looks like a shrunk down XK to me, but havnt totally made up my mind about it. But the Compass needs to die.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2006, 09:21 AM   #11
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Fold down that windsheld and take a drive on the freeway. You'll never do it again. Trust me.

Well the Compass in my book is about as ugly and worthless as a WK. And the Patriot, it looks like a shrunk down XK to me, but havnt totally made up my mind about it. But the Compass needs to die.
Fold down that windsheld and take a drive down a trail deep into the forest. You'll never do it again. Trust me.

The best thing about the Compass is that it might pull some mall crawlers away from buying the off-road capible vehicles, while still allowing Jeep to retain that marketshare.

I prefer the looks of the Patriot over the Liberty and Grand Cherokee, easily. I don't like bubble vehicles. Never have. It does slice into the subaru market share. I think there is a market for it, one that the other Jeeps couldn't touch. One for young familys on a tight budget. If you want a light wheeler that can take 5 people all for under $15K... or less than $20K loaded, looks like the Patriot is just that vehicle. (I am guessing on these prices based on various Jeep press releases) Too bad the doors don't come off and the windsheild doesn't drop.
Unread 07-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #12
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Just saw a compass sitting out front of the local Jeep dealership today

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.