Regear reverse? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Regear reverse?

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Tri_X_Troll
1986 MJ Comanche 

Regear reverse?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel reverse is geared way too high on the 5sp mks? I should not have to back my trailer up at warp speed.

Screw lift kits, I want an aftermarket reverse gear.

Unread 04-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Ledge
2009 MK Patriot 

Agreed! I can pull my boat all day like it's not even there in going forward but if I have to go in reverse it is a nightmare. I had my clutch smokin trying to back the boat into the backyard the first time. Now I just unhook and use my Ram to back it into the yard the few times a year I have to pull it with the Jeep.

Kinda stinks though because it is definitely not a hp issue. If I can land a job where I don't have to drive 40,000 miles a year I am definitely dumping the Pat for a Liberty or a Cherokee.
The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests - Patrick Henry
Ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
CompRuss
2007 MK Compass 

I agree with you on this one the back up gear sucks. I was thinking it was just me at first but now I know that others have the same problem I'm wondering if there is a fix to it like an after market hear of some sort.
CompRuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.