Recall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Recall

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
warlockjunkie

Recall

I just received a recall letter for my 2012 Patriot about a possible fault in the software for the ORC module.

This may sound like a stupid question, but I've never had a vehicle involved in a recall before:

After receiving the letter I looked up the information at recall.gov and found that there are three recalls for my model year.

So, the question is if I received a letter identifying only the one issue, is that the only issue I should be concerned about, or do they have to send out a letter for each potential problem? In other words, can I expect to receive two other letters? Or if the other two problems affected my Jeep, would those issues also be mentioned in the letter?

warlockjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Most always they send letter. The other recalls may be your model year but not your particular car. Some recalls are few cars some are a lot. But if you want to double check the dealer can easily look it up for you.
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Oh and I just got same one you got for my 12 compass. Looks like I'll be getting one shortly for my 13 town n country too for a airbag issue to according to autoblog.
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockjunkie View Post

So, the question is if I received a letter identifying only the one issue, is that the only issue I should be concerned about, or do they have to send out a letter for each potential problem? In other words, can I expect to receive two other letters? Or if the other two problems affected my Jeep, would those issues also be mentioned in the letter?
For each recall - a letter is sent to the address on record.

Once launched, recall information is available from the Jeep.com website on the For Owners tab.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
warlockjunkie

Ok so I would get a separate letter for each issue?
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockjunkie View Post
Ok so I would get a separate letter for each issue?
typically, yes. if you want to see what other (if any) recalls apply to your vehicle, just check the VIN with chrysler. click this link and then click that you want recall information. put the last 8 digits of your vin number in (HINT: you have a 2012, so the first digit you should be putting in is a C). it will tell you exactly what open recalls your specific car has.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
warlockjunkie

Thanks brother. Looks like I lucked out and I only have the one issue which would only affect me in the case of a rollover.

I was worried because there is another issue out there with the engines stalling out suddenly and I'm taking a 400 mile trip this week so I'm glad I don't have to have that worry in the back of my mind.

Guess I'll take the letter to the dealer on Monday when I'm back.
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #8
moored194
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Save yourself the trip and just call and make a service appointment for when you get back. Most recalls they have you out in an hour or so. By making the appointment you're making sure they have the part in stock (in theory anyway.)
moored194 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #9
warlockjunkie

I live in a rural area where everyone knows everyone. I've known the service manager for 20 years and the dealership is only 10 minutes from my house. Not a real big trip lol.
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Takes all of 15 minutes for the recall. It is just a software flash. Get it done before you go IMO.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
warlockjunkie

I would but I'm leaving tomorrow after work. I don't plan on rolling over. Here's hoping :P
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
musichog
2010 MK Compass 

I have 2010 Compass received my letter, made appointment at dealer this wednesday. I guess will see how it goes.
musichog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #13
manfred74
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichog
I have 2010 Compass received my letter, made appointment at dealer this wednesday. I guess will see how it goes.
I had mine done Friday. It took about half an hour
manfred74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.