JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Recall (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/recall-1546626/)

warlockjunkie 07-08-2013 05:06 PM

Recall

I just received a recall letter for my 2012 Patriot about a possible fault in the software for the ORC module.

This may sound like a stupid question, but I've never had a vehicle involved in a recall before:

After receiving the letter I looked up the information at recall.gov and found that there are three recalls for my model year.

So, the question is if I received a letter identifying only the one issue, is that the only issue I should be concerned about, or do they have to send out a letter for each potential problem? In other words, can I expect to receive two other letters? Or if the other two problems affected my Jeep, would those issues also be mentioned in the letter?

Lehman26 07-08-2013 06:15 PM

Most always they send letter. The other recalls may be your model year but not your particular car. Some recalls are few cars some are a lot. But if you want to double check the dealer can easily look it up for you.

Lehman26 07-08-2013 06:17 PM

Oh and I just got same one you got for my 12 compass. Looks like I'll be getting one shortly for my 13 town n country too for a airbag issue to according to autoblog.

JeepCares 07-09-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warlockjunkie (Post 15655403)

So, the question is if I received a letter identifying only the one issue, is that the only issue I should be concerned about, or do they have to send out a letter for each potential problem? In other words, can I expect to receive two other letters? Or if the other two problems affected my Jeep, would those issues also be mentioned in the letter?

For each recall - a letter is sent to the address on record.

Once launched, recall information is available from the Jeep.com website on the For Owners tab.

warlockjunkie 07-09-2013 10:03 AM

Ok so I would get a separate letter for each issue?

IRSmart 07-09-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warlockjunkie (Post 15657896)
Ok so I would get a separate letter for each issue?

typically, yes. if you want to see what other (if any) recalls apply to your vehicle, just check the VIN with chrysler. click this link and then click that you want recall information. put the last 8 digits of your vin number in (HINT: you have a 2012, so the first digit you should be putting in is a C). it will tell you exactly what open recalls your specific car has.

warlockjunkie 07-09-2013 07:24 PM

Thanks brother. Looks like I lucked out and I only have the one issue which would only affect me in the case of a rollover.

I was worried because there is another issue out there with the engines stalling out suddenly and I'm taking a 400 mile trip this week so I'm glad I don't have to have that worry in the back of my mind.

Guess I'll take the letter to the dealer on Monday when I'm back.

moored194 07-10-2013 04:43 AM

Save yourself the trip and just call and make a service appointment for when you get back. Most recalls they have you out in an hour or so. By making the appointment you're making sure they have the part in stock (in theory anyway.)

warlockjunkie 07-10-2013 05:46 AM

I live in a rural area where everyone knows everyone. I've known the service manager for 20 years and the dealership is only 10 minutes from my house. Not a real big trip lol.

NHPATRIOT 07-10-2013 09:51 AM

Takes all of 15 minutes for the recall. It is just a software flash. Get it done before you go IMO.

warlockjunkie 07-10-2013 08:23 PM

I would but I'm leaving tomorrow after work. I don't plan on rolling over. Here's hoping :P

musichog 07-21-2013 04:19 PM

I have 2010 Compass received my letter, made appointment at dealer this wednesday. I guess will see how it goes.

manfred74 07-22-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musichog
I have 2010 Compass received my letter, made appointment at dealer this wednesday. I guess will see how it goes.

I had mine done Friday. It took about half an hour

The time now is 06:47 PM.