REC Nav radio + Mopar Uconnect accessory?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > REC Nav radio + Mopar Uconnect accessory??

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

REC Nav radio + Mopar Uconnect accessory??

My Compass didn't come with Uconnect - but I have added a Mopar kit (adds a small button on my dash to command it etc - very handy!)

I have also recently upgraded myself to the REC Nav radio....the uconnect 'works' with the radio - ie I get the phone numbers printed on the radio's screen when I have an incoming call etc

The problem I'm having (or maybe it's not a problem and I'm assuming the system would work differently) is that I can't use the CALL option in the radio (either in the address book or when I search for a Point of Interest say a restaurant and want to call them) I can highlight it but when I press Enter it doesn't actually do anything (I also thought that if you had a phone number stored in the address book if you received an incoming call from them you'd get their name listed on the screen too along with the number)

I'm wondering if I need a different UConnect setup or if perhaps the Jeep needs to be re-programmed to let the computer it knows it has Uconnect now or something....

Thanks in advance if anyone can help a brother out...

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Not that we give a lot of credit to the dealers for knowing very much but it could be worth a phone call to the service department. I does sound like something that needs to be activated.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

I have the factory installed Uconnect that activates via a button on the rear view mirror. The number does display in the radio screen, but that's all that displays for me as well. The numbers are entered into the phone book under various names, but they dont know up for me. I always assumed that was how it worked as I can recognize the number that displays.
Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Hmm - ok so maybe the caller ID part doesn't work that way - do you have the REC radio? (Nav unit - not the MyGIG) because you can look up points of interest and if they have a phone number in the directory there is an option on screen to call - but it doesn't do anything in my Jeep

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
kbfurlong
2009 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent33 View Post
My Compass didn't come with Uconnect - but I have added a Mopar kit (adds a small button on my dash to command it etc - very handy!)

I have also recently upgraded myself to the REC Nav radio....the uconnect 'works' with the radio - ie I get the phone numbers printed on the radio's screen when I have an incoming call etc

The problem I'm having (or maybe it's not a problem and I'm assuming the system would work differently) is that I can't use the CALL option in the radio (either in the address book or when I search for a Point of Interest say a restaurant and want to call them) I can highlight it but when I press Enter it doesn't actually do anything (I also thought that if you had a phone number stored in the address book if you received an incoming call from them you'd get their name listed on the screen too along with the number)

I'm wondering if I need a different UConnect setup or if perhaps the Jeep needs to be re-programmed to let the computer it knows it has Uconnect now or something....

Thanks in advance if anyone can help a brother out...

The Mopar Uconnect is completely different from the factory Uconnect....w/ Mopar Uconnect you do not get full integration w/ your stereo..ie, not being able to call restaurants that show up under POI is just one of the many differences.

I installed the factory version of Uconnect just like the one in the link below in my 2007 Patriot.....although it was a lot cheaper in 2007, nevertheless it worked like a charm.....phone #'s & names showed up on the REC unit, I could call POI if they had phone #'s listed in the Nav directory, the screen even showed my phones signal & battery strength.

This is the only way to get the factory version of Uconnect in your 2007 - 2008 non-Limited Edition Patriot or Compass.

Here it what you will need:
Factory version Uconnect Part Numbers

Mirror
4806-228AB

Mirror Harness
5089-051AB Dimming Mirror & Uconnect wires

Telematics Module (AKA Hands Free Module) Bluetooth
5064-013AV

Uconnect Wiring
factory style hands free cellular system wiring harness
6502UC

kbfurlong is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.