Rear subframe - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rear subframe

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
omak
2011 MK Patriot 

Rear subframe

Toe links must have at one point been replaced in my '11 Jeep Pat, any a torch must have been used to remove them. Torch cut through the bolt, into the subframe. Not knowing this, I brought the Pat in for warranty work, the back end has rattled for the entire 35k miles I've had the car. It was certified used, and I paid for the max care plan. Dropped it off, was told they can't do any work on it because of frame damage.

So my only choice is to replace the subframe I guess and then have them replace the rest of the parts. Honestly it doesn't seem too difficult, the only thing that looks like might be a problem is that I've got a 4x4 so the rear diff is in the way.

So, is there a shop manual that someone can post up for me, or pointers from anyone who's done it before?

Alternatively, should I try to go to another dealer? The dealer I bought the Jeep from is probably a couple hours away, and it would be hard to deal with but I can go to them or the other dealer near me.

Edit:upload photo

img_20140915_122929.jpg  
omak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2014, 05:58 AM   #2
omak
2011 MK Patriot 

I get we're not a popular jeep here, but thought someone might have some input.
omak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

replacing a sub frame is no easy task nor will it be cheap. i would think that since it was certified that the dealer is responsible. its hard to tell from the pic if this torch damage or just pain rust through though. Not a pat owner myself.....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.