Rear ended - rear bumper question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rear ended - rear bumper question

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
handyman98
2008 MK Patriot 

Rear ended - rear bumper question

My family and I were rear ended yesterday at slow speed. Luckily my wife and son are ok, I still have a head ache from my head slamming back into the headrest. I guess that's better than having whip lash. All that's wrong with my bumper is the part of the bumper that shows "PATRIOT" is scratched and imprinted from the other person's license plate and screws. Is that part a separate piece or is it part of the bumper where I would need to replace the whole thing? Maybe just buffing and light painting would work?

handyman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Download the parts book from the stickies and look at section 13-310. That should help. Sorry to hear of your mishap.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
handyman98
2008 MK Patriot 

Thanks Gramps!!
handyman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
shoboi
2007 MK Compass 

Rear Bumper

I was also rear ended in my 07 Compass. If you have the limited, then the silver piece is seperate from the bumper. if not, the whole bumper needs replaced, but it isn't that expensive. (350. for a new compass) then paint and install, better to have it done, with mine, the plastic clips were broken and the bumper was loose, and slightly out at the edges, near the tail lights. i think all together it was around 750 bucks for a new bumper, cover and limited plate. hope this helps
shoboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
nick8387
2008 MK Compass 

i was rear ended last week and i just noticed that above my driver side tire there is a box with a hose on it, someone said it was a charchoal canister filter? does that sound right and how much is one of those
nick8387 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.