Rear Dome light – some Exports - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rear Dome light – some Exports

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Rear Dome light – some Exports

Here's a favorite complaint of many that Jeep could add to the standard equipment as just the light only!

An Intrusion Transceiver Module (ITM) is part of the export premium version of the Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) in the Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS). The export premium version of the VTA is only available in vehicles built for certain markets, where the additional features offered by this system are required. The ITM is integral to the rear dome lamp housing (1) located in the passenger compartment, on the lower surface of the headliner near the center of the vehicle. The ITM is designed to provide interior motion detection, and serve as an interface between the ElectroMechanical Instrument Cluster (EMIC) (also known as the Cab Compartment Node/CCN) and the alarm siren module.

The ITM is concealed within the dome lamp housing. Only the black grilled openings (4) for the ITM ultrasonic transmitter and receiver are visible on the outside of the housing, one each ahead and behind the dome lamp lens (3). The entire module is secured to the headliner by a fixed retainer (5) integral to the left side of the housing and a hinged retainer (2) on the right side that is integral to the dome lamp lens. A notch (6) in the housing at the left edge of the lens affords access for service removal.

Concealed within the housing is the electronic circuitry of the ITM which includes a microprocessor, and the ultrasonic transmit and receive transducers. A molded plastic connector receptacle on the circuit board is connected to the vehicle electrical system by a dedicated take out and connector of the headliner wire harness that is integral to the headliner.
The ITM unit cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if ineffective or damaged, it must be replaced. The dome lamp lens and bulb are available for separate service replacement.

fig-1.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yeah I sure wish the patriot had a dome light over the rear seats, seems stupid to need a flashlight to see stuff there.

guess thats why we have that removable flashlight in the rear dome light

however the 1st 3 things we put in the patriot was a good flashlight, 1st aid kit and fire extinguisher.. so we dont need to walk around the back and open the hatch for a flashlight, just reach in the center console. we did actually use the jeep flashlight at the beach at night though as a 2nd light.

I wonder how expensive just the housing is. but I also wonder how hard it would be to put in something like that, the side air bags are up in the headliner and I dont know if id want to mess with taking the headliner out.
Unread 01-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just a thought. I've been thinking about where to add some lighting back there. Maybe on the rear upper part of the console and in the forward side of the rear arm rest and wire them into the doors so that they would come on with the rest of the lighting as needed.

They factory could have added a dome light so easily but I personally don't like to pull headliners even without the sunroof so overhead is not on my list of options.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.