Rear Dome Light Leaking Water - 07 Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rear Dome Light Leaking Water - 07 Compass

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 10-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
vegaelite

Rear Dome Light Leaking Water - 07 Compass

Has anyone experienced problems with their rear dome light leaking water. My 2007 Compass has the regular dome light not the flashlight and whenever the vehicle is parked outside in the rain, it leaks water. The dome light never leaks while driving in the rain only if it is parked. In the last month during heavy down pours it has happened twice. My Jeep is still under warranty and I will be taking it in for service. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this and if it is an easy fix. Thanks!

vegaelite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

My 2007 has the flashlight dome light but it also leaked.... It came from the round plug just above the dome light in the rear hatch door jamb. The round plug is really just a plastic filler for a hole that I assume was used for panel alignment during the body fabrication process.
unibus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
vegaelite

Thanks for the reply. I saw that plastic looking plug in lift gate jam, its above the dome light. I figured that's where the water was coming. Anyway, I will mention this to the dealer and see what happens. Thanks again.
vegaelite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Downtown1

plug

I replaced the plug but it still leaks. I am assuming I did it wrong. Any clues?
Downtown1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck. Mine fills with water in both front and rear lights. I do have a sunroof. It's been to the dealer three times for the issue and hasn't been fixed once. I will say blowing out the sunroof drain with compressed air four or five times helped for a while.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.