Rear Dome Light Leaking Water - 07 Compass -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-03-2009, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Rear Dome Light Leaking Water - 07 Compass

Has anyone experienced problems with their rear dome light leaking water. My 2007 Compass has the regular dome light not the flashlight and whenever the vehicle is parked outside in the rain, it leaks water. The dome light never leaks while driving in the rain only if it is parked. In the last month during heavy down pours it has happened twice. My Jeep is still under warranty and I will be taking it in for service. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this and if it is an easy fix. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 Old 10-04-2009, 03:42 PM
2007 MK Compass 
My 2007 has the flashlight dome light but it also leaked.... It came from the round plug just above the dome light in the rear hatch door jamb. The round plug is really just a plastic filler for a hole that I assume was used for panel alignment during the body fabrication process.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Thanks for the reply. I saw that plastic looking plug in lift gate jam, its above the dome light. I figured that's where the water was coming. Anyway, I will mention this to the dealer and see what happens. Thanks again.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-10-2013, 02:59 PM

I replaced the plug but it still leaks. I am assuming I did it wrong. Any clues?
post #5 of 5 Old 12-19-2013, 08:58 PM
1997 XJ Cherokee 
Good luck. Mine fills with water in both front and rear lights. I do have a sunroof. It's been to the dealer three times for the issue and hasn't been fixed once. I will say blowing out the sunroof drain with compressed air four or five times helped for a while.

**1997 Jeep Cherokee SE**
Former Police Car assigned to 54-26, RIP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.