Rear Camera Systems Though Navigation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Rear Camera Systems Though Navigation

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Biloxinative
2013 MK Patriot 

Rear Camera Systems Though Navigation

Rear camera system though navigation
I have a 2013 patriot, that did not come with a rear camera back up system. Anyone know if there is one that can be installed though the navigation screen? I do not want to purchase one that attached to the rear license plate with the small LED screen to mount.. Thanks

Biloxinative is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

As long as you have a touch screen radio like the 430 you can add a BUC. You need the camera and harness to hook it to the radio( special plug )and then the dealer has to flash the vehicle to activate it if you go MOPAR/OEM hookup. You can also get a LockPick harness that eliminates the dealer flash and lets you use any aftermarket camera of choice with a RCA type jack.

The MOPAR BUC kit specifically for a Patriot uses the rearview mirror( replaces it ). You could modify a kit for another vehicle to work as well if you wanted it to run through the head unit.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.