Radio Button Lights and Fan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Radio Button Lights and Fan

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 12-11-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
jvet4

Radio Button Lights and Fan

Hello,

I noticed something odd this morning and have not had a chance to check the owners book so I figured I check here.

I started my compass this morning to let it warm up. The fan was on low and I noticed that all the radio buttons were lit up. When I put the fan on the highest setting, all the button lights went off. I reduced the fan speed and the button lights came back on. I put it back on high and lights again went off. If the head lights were on the fan setting had no affect on the buttons.

On a seperate note, when starting the car, the "ding, ding" that comes when the car starts was muffled and was sort of odd sounding. I noticed that the molding that is along the inside of the wind shield was loose. When I snapped it back into place, the "ding" was pack to normal. These two items were probably not related but figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!
-JV

jvet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvet4
Hello,

I noticed something odd this morning and have not had a chance to check the owners book so I figured I check here.

I started my compass this morning to let it warm up. The fan was on low and I noticed that all the radio buttons were lit up. When I put the fan on the highest setting, all the button lights went off. I reduced the fan speed and the button lights came back on. I put it back on high and lights again went off. If the head lights were on the fan setting had no affect on the buttons.

On a separate note, when starting the car, the "ding, ding" that comes when the car starts was muffled and was sort of odd sounding. I noticed that the molding that is along the inside of the wind shield was loose. When I snapped it back into place, the "ding" was pack to normal. These two items were probably not related but figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!
-JV
JV,

I had to try that one out. No headlights and no radio (or other) lights, turn the fan up and down, no change. Headlights on, everything on. Sounds like there is an electrical problem behind the dash that the dealer needs to look at.

Is it related to the muffled ding? Probably not. You may have fixed that by snapping the molding down. The diner is probably on a bracket that may not have been tight with the molding out of position. I'd have the dealer look at that too.

LynnK has had electrical problems with her fog lights too. They may be all related in the headlight circuitry.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

On a side note, I didn't realize I had fog lights until yesterday.
g3cko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
madrabbitt

you never looked at the front of the car?

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
BuzzDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrabbitt
you never looked at the front of the car?
In g3cko's defense, he may have seen them, but thought they were parking lights or turn signals. They're so well integrated into the front fascia that I have to admit that I wasn't sure they were fog lights when I looked at the vehicle prior to my test drive, and finally confirmed they were fog lights during the test drive, when I saw the pictogram on the turn signal stalk.

Last edited by BuzzDog; 12-26-2006 at 09:34 PM..
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
madrabbitt

got a picture of the front with the fogs?

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
Unread 12-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
BuzzDog

Quote:
got a picture of the front with the fogs?
Should be one on the Jeep website (www.jeep.com).
Unread 12-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #8
madrabbitt

yeah. no kidding, i could have figured that one out.

looking at Gramp's red one though, its pretty obvious that those be fog lights down there.

Unread 12-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #9
BuzzDog

Quote:
...its pretty obvious that those be fog lights down there.
That's your opinion, but it may not be perceived the same way by all. It's not too uncommon for vehicles (especially trucks) to have turn signals down in the bumper. g3cko's comment isn't that far off the mark for ANY feature, especially for those of us who don't buy new cars every couple of years. For example, I wasn't sure I had heated mirrors until I got a copy of my Monroney sticker, and saw it listed as an option.
Unread 12-27-2006, 04:52 AM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3cko
On a side note, I didn't realize I had fog lights until yesterday.

Hey, this was my morning laugh the other day! Unless you're almost down on all fours or standing way back, they're not the easiest things to see. Especially maybe when it's something new and trying to take it ALL in as a whole.

Now I'm the kind of guy that's still trying to turn the ignition key backwards for "accessory" and the wife had trouble figuring out the High Beams (they're not spring loaded).

Last edited by Gramps; 12-27-2006 at 05:05 AM..
Unread 12-27-2006, 06:03 AM   #11
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Now I'm the kind of guy that's still trying to turn the ignition key backwards for "accessory"

i know what you mean
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2006, 08:37 AM   #12
BuzzDog

Quote:
Now I'm the kind of guy that's still trying to turn the ignition key backwards for "accessory" and the wife had trouble figuring out the High Beams (they're not spring loaded).

Could be worse...could be like I was at one time and looking for the high beam switch on the FLOOR! Remember those?!?
Unread 12-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
Could be worse...could be like I was at one time and looking for the high beam switch on the FLOOR! Remember those?!?
Did you get your foot caught in the steering wheel? I still have that on the Challenger, I may be in trouble!!

Unread 12-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #14
snikr

Quote:
Did you get your foot caught in the steering wheel? I still have that on the Challenger, I may be in trouble!!
You have a Challenger? I hope it's not a TA or you'll have a visitor this summer. I can't wait to see the new ones when they hit in 08.

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #15
madrabbitt

my dad couldnt figure out why on my cherokee whenever he pushed the little button on the floor with his foot a really loud horn would sound...

i was like, dad, have you never used the high beams on your yukon?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.