Radiator draincock??????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Radiator draincock???????

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 06-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
dodgemahal
1995 ZJ 

Radiator draincock???????

Has anyone on this forum been able to locate the radiator drain-cock on an '09 Patriot? I've removed the bottom plastic cover and searched like crazy and can't see it. Is there something else I need to remove?

dodgemahal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
BostonStrong
2013 MK Patriot 

I'm sorry, I laughed when I saw this. I'm still 16 inside.
BostonStrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #3
Redpine
2014 MK Patriot 

A Google search indicates that it is hidden on the lower right (passenger) side of the radiator and that you have to remove the bumper cover to access it. One of those minor annoyances (of varying degrees) that many of today's cars seem to have. Removing the front bumper cover is supposed to be relatively easy, but still a pain for an operation that should be super simple.
Redpine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
dodgemahal
1995 ZJ 

Okay, I found the draincock. I tried to turn it counterclockwise and I got it to turn 1/4 turn and it wanted to stop there. With my track record of breaking these cheap plastic Mopar draincocks I stopped there. Does anyone have experience loosening these things? How far should it be turned to loosen for draining. The service manual says to not use pliers but there is no way to get my fat fingers on this thing. It's in a really bad location. (Bad Design.)
dodgemahal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #5
griff100
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgemahal View Post
Okay, I found the draincock. I tried to turn it counterclockwise and I got it to turn 1/4 turn and it wanted to stop there. With my track record of breaking these cheap plastic Mopar draincocks I stopped there. Does anyone have experience loosening these things? How far should it be turned to loosen for draining. The service manual says to not use pliers but there is no way to get my fat fingers on this thing. It's in a really bad location. (Bad Design.)
I've read elsewhere that you have to pull outwards and turn it at the same time.
griff100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.