Quick question for the Limited owners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Quick question for the Limited owners

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
alwayslearnin

Quick question for the Limited owners

Howdy,

Quick question for any of you with the Limited model. Is there any sort of grommet or guide of any type between the door lock pins and the door panel? If anyone could check and let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

alwayslearnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 04:10 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Is this where you're asking about? Not a thing, just plastic to plastic. (Better shot later in the day)
eimg_0232.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 11-03-2006 at 04:19 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
phil8400

Same on Sport.
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
alwayslearnin

Gramps, that is exactly what I was asking about. Thanks for the pic and answering my question. My Sport is the same exact way. I was hoping the Limited was different. My driver side door lock pin sometimes rattles due to bass from the stereo. Guess I won't be able to go to the dealer for a solution/upgrade.

phil8400 thanks for verifying your Sport is the same way.
Unread 11-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslearnin
Gramps, that is exactly what I was asking about. Thanks for the pic and answering my question. My Sport is the same exact way. I was hoping the Limited was different. My driver side door lock pin sometimes rattles due to bass from the stereo. Guess I won't be able to go to the dealer for a solution/upgrade.

phil8400 thanks for verifying your Sport is the same way.

If you turn the music up loud enough, I'm sure you'll find a point where you can't hear it rattle any more. (it's not too loud unless it's distorted).

Seriously tho, maybe a little felt from a craft store and a touch of super glue could take care of it. or measure the hole and visit the junk yard, it could also be the same size as another Jeep would use too.

I did hear a rattle the other day myself. I think it was my teeth or my brain is loose.

Gramps

Last edited by Gramps; 11-03-2006 at 07:22 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
alwayslearnin

haha

I actually have a few ideas up my sleeve. If they pan out I'll start a new post and provide pics. Thanks again!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.