i bought a 4x2 for several reasons
1. its a lease, and its a new car, I'm not going off roading in a new car. I don't have he funds to fix a new car if it brakes (mechanical or cosmetic) because of my own fault
2. I live in FL. unless I want to recreational go off road, I don't need AWD
3. I already have a 4x4 that I plan on keeping
4. better mileage
5. less things for it to brake
6. its cheaper to buy, so it gives me options to buy other things that I might use on daily basis (for example, the GPS... I love that thing! or the sunroof... I open it whenever I can)
now you ask why buy a jeep... (that explained why 4x2 instead of 4x4)
1. I like the 'riot! I think its a cool looking car, everyone who has driven in it loved it!
2. I have family overseas, and when they come, they come in packs lol. I needed something that was comfortable to 4-5 people. Also need to carry their cargo
3. I liked the fact that the front seat goes down
4. inside the car is very comfortable! it feels like i'm in a much bigger car
5. good mileage (with 400 miles on the odo, i'm getting like 23c/27h)
6. I got a good deal on it I think
7. its enjoyable to drive
now you might ask why I got a patriot opposed to other cars
1. I don't want a station wagon
2. I don't want a soccer mom van
3. I like trucks, but I'd like one in the future of my life
4. I do love sports cars (or just a basic sedan, like a audi a4 or golf), but I don't want something I can speed in lol. plus they don't have the passenger/cargo capability I needed.
5. after I got my XJ, i fell in love with jeeps, and I had to get another one! lol
6. its able to drive over curbs as sometimes I might need to do that because in miami, you just might need to do that to pass someone who is trying to go straight on a turning lane (and its a light, so he jammed the right turning lane), and I get road rage and need to cut them off through the curb lol
I think this explains it ALL
I did look at golf, a4, and volvo s40... problem is, fully loaded, it was way more than the patriot.