question for a new owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > question for a new owner

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
Wackeycat

question for a new owner

been reading since i got my wife a Patriot love the site here and the tons of knowledge thats here. but i have the following question.

Just bought my wife a Patriot 2 weeks ago and when we went to get the licinse plates they just screwed the front one direct on the bumper no bracket or anything....Is this how its done on the Pat's or is there sposed to be a bracket there like on most other vehicals out there???

Wackeycat

Wackeycat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

No bracket. Self tapping screws right into the front fascia. Welcome to the group!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
BuzzDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
No bracket. Self tapping screws right into the front fascia.
Yeah, Wackeycat, that drives me nuts. I really prefer brackets.

At one point in my career, the company I was working for at the time transferred me twice in a twelve-month period, which means I lived in three states in the span of a year. I bought my car in a state that did not require front plates. The first state I was transferred to (for about eight months) required front license plates, then I transferred to a state that does not have front plates (where I remain to this day).

Good thing that the vehicle I owned at the time used a license plate bracket, or I would have been looking at two holes in my front bumper for several years...if I did not choose to write a big check for repairs, that is.
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:55 AM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Calibers come with a bracket to mount to their bumpers, perhaps it might fit your needs?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.