JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Question for Compass haters (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/question-compass-haters-329388/)

phil8400 10-19-2006 10:53 AM

Question for Compass haters

Do you hate the entire design of the Compass compared to other manufacturer's same class vehicles, or do you just simply not like it in contrast to the other jeeps? CRV, RAV4, Equinox, Saturn VUE, Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa-Fe, KIA Sportage.

Understanding the obvious that this is not a “real” jeep and that fans of the rugged line would be dumbfounded to see a Japanese FWD version in the line-up…I just want to know if you really find the Compass as ugly as I’ve been reading.

brandoncrone 10-19-2006 11:34 PM

I like it, Im a big Mopar fan, so I am a little biased. I like the Caliber also, almost bought one a few months ago. Holding off until there is a better selection, I don't like to wait.

Bgeddes 10-20-2006 01:12 AM

As KJ owners, we get the 'real Jeep' crap all the time. I tell people they quit making real Jeeps in '44. All the rest are civilian copies. I used to have a couple old muscle cars that were show cars. The 'new' thing was guys with lowered small pickups, and 'sport imports'. I came to the conclusion that the effort and care put into any vehicle is where the appreciation for the hobby of vehicles arrives. Some folks were chopping up muscle cars to race them, ours were as bone stock as we could get them. To each their own.

Only time will tell how the Compass stacks up against the same class vehicles. I hope they kick their butts. That way they can still build the not as profitable vehicles with the cult-ish following.

Kev M 10-20-2006 08:23 AM

I still love the Compass and I dig the Caliber too. The caliber is popping up here now all the time.

Local dealer have 13 Calibers parked end-to-end-to-end at the front of their dealership the other day.

RyleyF 10-21-2006 07:23 PM

The Compass is absolutely Hideous, much like everything else that DC is coming out with as of late like the Nitro, Avenger and Caliber. I literally pointed and laughed out loud when I first saw a Compass, they're god-awful.

HPMainiac 10-22-2006 03:08 PM

Don't like the Compass? Don't buy one!

table 10-22-2006 08:18 PM

When I first heard about the Compass & Patriot, I was very suspicious, skeptical, and was in the "Jeep is watering down it's image" crowd. After doing some research and seeing where the Jeep brand has been in the past (Jeepster), and seeing how Jeep is giving some competition to the Subaru AWD vehicles, I say the Compass & Patriot fit the name.

If the Jeepster models were still around today and evolved through the ages, I don't think they'd be much different than the Compass.

ElvisV04290 10-24-2006 11:06 PM

It may not be the best looking jeep in the fleet. but it still has the jeep name, that needs to say something for the compass's position in it's vehicle class. But what do I know, I like square headlights . . .

kserg 11-01-2006 12:05 AM

I personally have problem with much of new designed jeeps. It's a personal problem, not that i think that everyone should hate them, i personally just don't like them. For me it seems that it's no longer a jeep but a re-badged dodge. Then again i am still bitter that 4.0 i6 engine is gone.

Compass is based on caliber, to me it makes no no sense to have 10 different car brands making a same car. Again that's just me. :)

Jeeples 11-01-2006 01:07 AM

I have no issues with the Compass as a vehicle (except that it looks nothing like the concept, which is highly disappointing).

It's those God forsaken front turn signals that bug the crap out of me. That vehicle would look 10x better if they were more conventional.

casm 11-01-2006 02:47 AM

I own a modified XJ.

Having had some seat time in the Compass, I rather like it.

Make of that what you will.

Emoto 11-02-2006 12:16 PM

I thought the styling was unfortunate until I saw one in person at the dealer the other day. I thought it looked pretty good in person. :thumbsup:

If I wanted that sort of vehicle, I would give it a good hard look. As it stands right now, I own a Liberty and in a year or so may go the other direction and get one of the new JK Wranglers.

Gramps 11-04-2006 08:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Just maybe some of this hatred comes from what they thought they were promissed with the concept car to what became the reality of the production model. I know how I felt when they released the new Charger, probably about the same as some of the Jeep fans. Night and day differance between the Concept to Reality. Nobody like to feel like they've been lied to.

JeepCJfan 11-04-2006 09:40 AM

That's exactly why I don't like the Compass. If they wanted to expand Jeep to the WRC rally car segment that's fine, and I think they had a real winner with the original concept. What happened between that original concept and the production model I have no idea, but whoever made the changes should be fired!:dunno:

CNY 11-04-2006 09:46 AM

I own a Santa Fe. I would not trade it for a Compass (I realize they share a market segment much more closely than JK/Compass)

The time now is 12:21 AM.