Question About Tire Balancing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Question About Tire Balancing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
mrsticklmyer

Question About Tire Balancing

Hi Guys,

I posted another thread last week about my accelerator and brake pedals vibrating while I'm driving. Someone asked if my wheels were balanced? Which I know they have never been balanced. I was told by a couple of tire places that my tires are worn (still have the original tires on my 2007 Compass) and need replacing. The last guy did mention that I'm probably feeling the vibrations in the pedals because the tires are out of balance.

I won't be able to purchase a new set of tires for at least another couple of months. The last guy said I still have a little time left on them. My question is it worth it to go ahead and have my current tires balanced? Belle Tire charges $40, which doesn't sound like much. Hoping it will stop the vibrating and I'm also reading having unbalanced tires can cause additional damage to other parts of the vehicle. What do you think?

mrsticklmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

it would be like putting a bandaid on a tumor, but yes, you can ballance them now.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.