Question about a 2008 patriot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Question about a 2008 patriot

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
jmuf44
2005 WK 

Question about a 2008 patriot

So one of my friends is interested in getting a patriot for herself. Since ive only owned a WK i figured i would come over to this side of the forum and ask a few questions. Shes looking at a 2008 patriot with around 120,000 miles for $6800. The guy said he has mainly driven on the highway and that the only thing he has replaced is the alternator. Is there anything she should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance

FTM-PTB-EGH
jmuf44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Lower control arm bushings and tie rod ends
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
aroundincircles
2012 MK Patriot 

^x2, and see if you can get maintenance records...
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
jmuf44
2005 WK 

Thanks for the quick responses ill pass the advice along.

FTM-PTB-EGH
jmuf44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
davidterrien

Beware of electrical problems within the Anti-Theft system. Mine shorted and left me completely stranded - thank goodness just at the local liquor store and not up in the mountains. Very expensive replacement unit installed with ZERO reassurance from Jeep Tech that the new unit had this design flaw solved. Now, on pins and needles and very concerned lest this happens out in the boonies. Supposedly this problem is caused by a dry and cold climate - which being in Colorado, kind of describes our environment pretty succinctly. Perhaps this is just the way of modern technology now ? Phooey !
davidterrien is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.