Q/A: In retrospect - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Q/A: In retrospect

Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
unclejjg

Q/A: In retrospect

I am sorry I missed it, as I was on the road. However, after reading the results I have two comments:

1.) Talk about the proverbial kick in the nutts. Apparently, any topic not including "diesel", "truck", and "Wrangler" was taboo.

2.) LMAO at Gramps. I almost whizzed myself when I was breezing through the obsessive jawing about the redundant topics listed above. Lost amongst the rants and full length, published novels that some members posted, Gramps pops in about 7 times with these one-liners such as: "V-6 for the MK's and a more hd CVT."

Worse yet, they didn't bother answering at all. Jerks.

unclejjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah but they got the point, and probably later on you should look for this in GD as I don't think it quite belongs here. I did say a diesel MK/Caliber would be good. I forgot all about the CVT comment though, that was a good remark!
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If you go to the link http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f144/jeep-fantasy-537523/ and read the "bullets" you'll see this: There is no need to repost a question. At the end of the session, we check for unanswered posts. An answer will be posted in reply IF the question is on topic and is not redundant.

These Engineers that do this are off the HEAVY DUTY Jeep variety and I didn't expect any answers, at least not tonight. I imagine that their knowledge of the MK's is extremely limited simply because we are non-traditional Jeeps. Some of us in the MK Forum probably know more about our own Jeeps than they do, at least off-the-cuff.

What I was hoping for was really just to make a showing and hoping that they would relay some of the questions to those "other" Engineers that will take the time to respond.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but yes I am disappointed, I don't like being completely ignored.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
unclejjg

All I know is a Walt Disney's supposedly frozen corpse couldn't have thrown a colder shoulder.

Further, I love how all the other forums get their own special Q/A...but we have to tag along to a Jeep-wide event.

Oh well....so, what else fellas?
unclejjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

So we carry on as our own group, both MK's, and not fight like a couple of politicians trying to win a nomination. We have to help ourselves 'cause nobody else will. Good old fashion "hot rodding" is more fun than going by the book anyway.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
There is no need to repost a question. At the end of the session, we check for unanswered posts. An answer will be posted in reply IF the question is on topic and is not redundant.
This "statement" is a generic one that is used as a header on every webchat they've held so far. Unlike other events where it was more of a technical focus on current/past model products, this chat was just a "fantasy" session to give jeep owners (or potential owners) a chance to tell Jeep what they want. Because of that, I wouldn't think they will go back and "answer" people's requests for certain features or options. How would you answer some of the posts where people simply state what they want anyway?

I guess the point I'm making is that we got an opportunity to tell them what we want. Hopefully they will have people reviewing the thread and considering our suggestions when they make any changes or come up with new/future Jeeps.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

While I think Jeep should be an off the shelf off road brand, it does not make sense to build gas guzzling rigs exclusively. I had to agree with some of the comments about the size of the Wrangler and the size the Truck should be.
Big is NOT better, not any more.

I wish I had made the chat in time so I could also request more of less! I loved my Wrangler and I love my Compass. But Jeep needs to focus on smaller "fun" Jeeps that are fuel efficient rather than more of the gas guzzling tanks.

The dune buggy like concept (which I mistakenly thought was the Compass prototype) could really open up a sizable market for Jeep! Frankly, if it were a hybrid, it would have a very strong niche. If it were gas, it would sell very well if it had really good fuel economy, handling and serious 4x4 capabilities.
It would be the "SMART Jeep"....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.