Purchasing a 2012 Patriot! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Purchasing a 2012 Patriot!

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #16
rjerome
2009 MK Patriot 

Congrats on your new ride, we have an 09 Northern Ed 4x4 drives great in all weather, and as a family hauler works great we have one daughter and gets us around safely!!!!!

rjerome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #17
bbrown924590

I'm actually going in on Monday to look at the 2012 patriot latitude 4x4, how is the height of the patriot, I'm worried I'll feel like I'm still in a regular car bc it looks low
bbrown924590 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

The 4x4 w/offroad package is an inch taller than the regular patriot and compass.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #19
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown924590 View Post
I'm actually going in on Monday to look at the 2012 patriot latitude 4x4, how is the height of the patriot, I'm worried I'll feel like I'm still in a regular car bc it looks low
Some numbers - with the JK thrown in for comparison:

2012 Patriot 4X4 – selected dimensions
Overall Height - 66.8”
Ground Clearance (at curb weight) running ground clearance - 8.1”
Seat cushion height from ground - 26.5”
Seat cushion to rocker panel - 9.1”

2012 Wrangler 4X4 – selected dimensions
Overall Height (hard top) – 70.9”
Ground Clearance (at curb weight) running ground clearance - 8.8”
Seat cushion height from ground - 34.0”
Seat cushion to rocker panel - 10.9”
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #20
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Yeahbut the Patriot w/off road is 9" ground clearance...
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

Gratz always nice to see another 'Riot. Even if it is with a Auto CVT.... I will never buy auto again.
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I'd buy auto again...no CVT's though.
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
Hey everyone, new to the forums. My wife and I are going to be purchasing a 2012 Patriot Sport 4x4, pretty much loaded. Neither of us have ever owned a Jeep before but a few questions:

1. How do the Patriots handle in the snow?

2. Does anyone else use this as a "family" vehicle with kids?

3. How does the Patriot and Compass compare in terms of interior room, cargo space, etc.?

Thank you so much, look forward to joining the community! Will post pictures when we get it tomorrow!
1. We have a Front drive 2010 Patriot. We drove up to Boston for Christmas of 2010. That was a hammer time snow at Christmas. We have no problems on the snow packed roads. I never regretted driving the Patriot up instead of our 4 door Wrangler.
And even loaded with the family plus stuff for a week we got 30mpg.
2. Yes. My son is 6'4" and fits comfortably in the back seat. Family plus stuff on road trips is a breeze. For more cargo space we have the 2" hitch and a cargo rack.
3. Die hard Compass fans are convinced there is no difference. But my experience is otherwise. We do no fit in the compass. But it is no problem in the Patriot. If the Patriot did not have more room than the Compass we would not have bought either one.
The dimensions might be a little different for the 2012 Compass. But 2010 there was a big difference that took the Compass of the list for us.

The Patriot is hard to be for the combination of fuel economy, size, and price.

A bit of cognitive dissonance : The new Ford F150 Quad Cab flexfuel has an EPA highway rating of 24MPG, compared to 25 for the Patriot.
Actual mileage we get with our Pat is closer to 30MPG highway.
But the F150 is looking attractive for a next vehicle purchase.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
dirkdiggler106
2012 MK Patriot 

I to just purchased a 2012 Patriot. Sport 2.4 5spd 4X4. I am very excited to get back into a 4X4... Been driving a car for two years and have missed my jeeps... While I don't plan on getting back into wheeling I do need the ability to get down back roads and into my hunting camp. 7 miles of seasonal un plowed road... Hunting season here in upstate ny can see us up to a foot of snow... I am confident my new jeep will see me in and out of camp which I have been unable to do very well for the past two years. (used an old 2wd mazda pickup with chains)
I also enjoy getting of the beaten path to go camping, fishing, hiking etc.
I will also be able to tow my trailer with atv or snowmobile on it... No need to keep my old 2wd pickup truck around any more.
I am excited to be a member of the "jeep club" once again.
While its no lifted TJ, nor a ZJ on long arms... or even an XJ on 35s it is still a jeep and a comfortable, economical one at that!
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #25
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I bought the wife a new latitude, loaded not 4x4, I got the wrangler for that. I've had it for less than a month and some POS van rearended her. 1500.00 in damage. Get it out of the shop on Thursday.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #26
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Same thing happened to my wife. She got rear ended at a stop light by an idiot that was looking at a cop car on the cross street.
About $1500. But his car was totaled.
Now we have a 2" hitch mounted so if it happens again, even more damage will be done to the idiot that isn't paying attention.
Unread 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #27
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

That suuuuucks. My Pat is my first ever brand new car. Even though it makes me mad sometimes, I would be really butthurt if somebody else wrecked it.
Unread 07-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #28
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

We have taken our Pat on several road trips up to 2000 miles. No problems at all. And my 6'4" tall soon was very comfortable in the back seat.
29+mpg on the highway is a nice bonus.
Some people can't get used to the Cvt. But i like it. Though i have stick in my car.
I'm going to add cruise control. The cvt will definitely work better with cruise than a traditional 4or 5 speed automatic, especially on rolling hill roads.
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #29
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Just a couple of update pics.. Altitude wheels, reverse mounted tires, and AVS vent visors:

Angry eyes for fun:

2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #30
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Nice looking Patriot. What Basket is that? And thx for putting these in the Patriot Owners Pictures too.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.